Daily plant photos

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Dont know if this or one of the other threads would be appropriate but i’m thinking of it from a lighting perspective so will start here.

I’m thinking of doing a daily shot of some flowers/ plants.

Flowers i’d like to see through their opening and decay. Plants as they grow and evolve. For both i want to see what sort of journey they have. Flowers will be cut so expect to die, plants i dont have a great track record so they might follow the flowers

do i use one of the light tent things and some flash to basically give consistent lighting to each image or do i leave them out and just deal with the lighting at the time?

if theres another similar post i’d appreciate a link, i searched but couldnt see anyrhing relevant

I use an off camera speedlight with a diffuser for flowers- works ok for me and then, if you use The same settings all of the image should be lit the same

Like this one- using a Godox V1 flash off the camera with diffuser and a Trigger on the camera ( Sony a7Riv and a Sigma 70mmm f2.8 ART lens )

b3y61lR.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut flowers can be left out of water to accelerate the decline.

Personally, I'd keep the lighting as constant as possible so the series is smooth.

Live flowers are a bit different - some can last for ages while others are a one day deal. For those, I'd probably use available light rather than have a rig set up. IF the available light option didn't work, I'd go more complicated!

Cut flowers can be left out of water to accelerate the decline.

Personally, I'd keep the lighting as constant as possible so the series is smooth.

Live flowers are a bit different - some can last for ages while others are a one day deal. For those, I'd probably use available light rather than have a rig set up. IF the available light option didn't work, I'd go more complicated!
Thanks for the advice

Back