Daisy chain

Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
My other half has gone out with the car so I'm stuck in the house. Decided to get some daisies from the garden and see what I could do. Converted Raw files little processing. Contrast and sharpening.

2_Daisies1.jpg

Daisies1.jpg

Daisy_chain1.jpg

C&C welcome as always :)

I really like these :clap:

Can i ask what is prob a silly question...i'm sure most people can work it out for themselves! How do you manage shots like this? other than having an obvious talent of course!!

Well all are good but i really like no 2, the crop suits it well and using an odd number is good for the composition.

I like the subtle colours and muted reflections, and the composition in number 3 hits it with me.

Very nice.

These are really nice, No2 is my favourite the colours are crisper imo, and unusually for me this time I think the framing goes really well with the shots.

Thank you all so much your comments are really appreciated. I'm so glad you like them :)

Wilmorh - time, patience, experimentation and practise with different compositions. Thank you for the kind comment it was so encouraging :)

Barbara - I'm really having fun using my new lens. It's sharp and fast. When are you getting yours? Kerso is a brilliant person to buy from I thoroughly recommend him :)

These are very good indeed Duckydoodle. I'm really impressed with the composition of the third one, both in the focus and DoF and the angle too. What were your settings, (if you don't mind me asking)? Well done. :)

Lovely, good soft reflections too. Love the colours and setting choices. The only thing to add imo is a really tight shot or crop on the petals with a small piece of the flowers yellow centre to contrast, so 2 or 3 petals max.
Outstanding.(y)

Those are very nicely done indeed. Posted in my order of preference too. :)

Simple, elegantly crafted and it looks like you had fun shooting them too which is always great. For my money, no.3 needs a little tweak to the framing or rotation just to get the balance within the frame up to the level of the other two...... which is really high. (y)

These are very good indeed Duckydoodle. I'm really impressed with the composition of the third one, both in the focus and DoF and the angle too. What were your settings, (if you don't mind me asking)? Well done. :)

Thank you for looking Beth, and for the kind comment. I used my 50mm f 1.8 and settings were f1.8 1/200 ISO 100. My dining room where I did these was letting in a lot of light :)

J Gordon. dazzajl and Baz777 thank you very much for looking. Really chuffed you like them :)
Advice regarding composition of no 3 taken on board dazzajl :)

Thank you all so much your comments are really appreciated. I'm so glad you like them :)

Wilmorh - time, patience, experimentation and practise with different compositions. Thank you for the kind comment it was so encouraging :)

Barbara - I'm really having fun using my new lens. It's sharp and fast. When are you getting yours? Kerso is a brilliant person to buy from I thoroughly recommend him :)

Hi Maureen, I'm shopping around at the moment and hope to get it soon. Your pictures inspired me. I hope I can do as well as you have.:clap:

These are fantastic! You can really see how you have progressed with your photography :)

Lovely stuff and a good chance to experiment, but (and it's something I find myself saying a lot at the moment) go steady with the sharpening, as things can get too sharp...

Shot 1 suffers the most from this, but keep the urge to oversharpen in tow and you've got a cracking set of images!

Cheers,
James

Lovely series Maureen and very artistic, I like the last 2 best. (y)

Barbara - I'm looking forward to seeing your images produced with the nifty. I went out with it yesterday for an hour and was amazed at how well my cheap lens performed :)

Hannah - thank you for that it's really encouraging. So glad you liked my daisies :)

James - thank you for looking. Really glad you like them. I'll keep your advice in mind regarding oversharpening :)

Alby - thank you for looking and for the kind comment. Glad you like them :)

Barbara - I'm looking forward to seeing your images produced with the nifty. I went out with it yesterday for an hour and was amazed at how well my cheap lens performed

(y)Maureen - I've ordered it from Kerso today. It was £82 inc carriage, I looked around everywhere but the Nikon lens is hard to get at the moment, it's out of stock everywhere, and is relatively expensive compared to the Canon one - just my luck - but I am looking forward to getting it. I will post some pics when I get it.

These are really great shots :) No:3 is special though (y) Hope you don't mind a suggestion? thin down the border frame as it seems to distract a little from the subject, but still all great shots :clap::clap:

Steve

(y)Maureen - I've ordered it from Kerso today. It was £82 inc carriage, I looked around everywhere but the Nikon lens is hard to get at the moment, it's out of stock everywhere, and is relatively expensive compared to the Canon one - just my luck - but I am looking forward to getting it. I will post some pics when I get it.

That's good news Barbara. I'm looking foward to seeing those pics. It's a really good lens worth every penny :)

Thank you for looking Splog and for the very kind comment. Suggestion re the borders noted :)

Superb series #2 is my fav great composition
Wish I had the imagination to get great shots like this from simple subjects
Pete

Back