Dammit

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just dev'd three rolls of film... one looks ok, though it seems I massively underexposed some shots, but the other two have ruddy great swathes that look, for want of a better term, fogged.
When I put them in the tank, it turns out the lid wasn't sat quite right, but I thought it was tight enough to have gotten away with it.
All three rolls came from the same camera, so I hope its not the kit thats going awry, but my own doing. Fingers crossed.

Doh! Only thing worse than someone making a mess of the developing is when there is no one else to blame.

I'll have another look in a minute, but I'm thinking, since its mid roll, there should've been more film closer to the outside that should be fogged but isn't... Or its to do with angles and I'm over thinking it.
I suppose I'd rather I've mucked up than the cameras going boobies skywards.
Cant for the life of me find an image of what a fogged neg would look like... plenty of scans from negs that are fogged, but thats not a lot of help right now :LOL:

Dark grey streaks i think, they'd look dark/black on the negative but would be white/grey in the scan.

Last edited:
This is some light leakage, so the same as fogging.

View attachment 3257

Not quite the same situation as yours but this was from when I didn't roll up some 120 tight enough. Do yours look similar?

Nope, complete opposite... Some reading suggests the film was touching something so wasn't developed on that patch... I'd used film aprons so may have wound it too tight

I'd never heard of film aprons til now, but a cursory Googleing suggests you're right about winding it too tight!

Ah well, not bad going... Had them for well over a year and that's the first issue I've had

If it looks like the image that Rob posted but white patches instead of black then it's definitely the negs touching - I have had the same thing to me the first couple of times I developed my own film because of spooling it shoddily. It'll improve as you get better at spooling the film though.

If it looks like the image that Rob posted but white patches instead of black then it's definitely the negs touching - I have had the same thing to me the first couple of times I developed my own film because of spooling it shoddily. It'll improve as you get better at spooling the film though.

You saying I spooled the film shoddily?! :punch:

Cos if you are.... :agree:

Live n learn eh, its the first time I've had it, either with the aprons or the normal reels, so thats not bad going.

I've found using self winding reels, its relatively easy to know when its not gone on right, but there was absolutely nothing to suggest that was the case with the aprons. Lessons learned for next time

Back