Damn Fireworks

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
Its that time of year again, when all the local kids start using their pocket money to buy fireworks. :thumbsdown:

It started on Saturday night and has been going on ever since. I cannot wait for November 5th when it'll all be over.

Its driving the dog nuts and he won't stop barking as he's scared stiff. I've know got the neighbors on my back because a normally quite dog is going insane :wacky: with fear. :annoyed:

When I was a younger ( a few years ago now ) we where not allowed near the fireworks until the 5th and then we where lucky to let a few off.

Personally I don't think the kids should be aloud to handle these, and general sale of these items should not be allowed until a few days before the 5th Nov. This may cause a rush in he shops, but surely this would be better for everyone. No scared pets and less injuries/emergencies for the hospitals to deal with.

Well thats my daily rant over with :)

Seconded and while I'm at it, I'd ban all XMAS advertising until 1 Dec.:bang:

perfect example: St Valenties day.

Most if not all companies have dropped the St now, because it's not "commerical" enough.

It's now just an excuse to sell cards, presents and flowers. There's no romance left!

Bah! :D

EDIT.. And I definately agree with the above, little bar stewards setting off fireworks!

Ban fireworks !!!

Why should the little Oiks have as much fun as I did :D

I can remember being allowed to buy fireworks at the age of 14 from 3 weeks before Bonfire Night BUT if we were caught being a nuisance we would have got our ***** kicked by the local Plod or our Parents

Ban fireworks !!!

Why should the little Oiks have as much fun as I did :D

I can remember being allowed to buy fireworks at the age of 14 from 3 weeks before Bonfire Night BUT if we were caught being a nuisance we would have got our ***** kicked by the local Plod or our Parents

I'm with you Mr G
An' they were proper fireworks too, penny bangers, jumping jacks, catherine wheels, aeroplanes.... Wahooo!
&If you were really sneaky you could get the "crow scarers" from the local "farmers shop" jeeeze did they "go bang" 12 in string f' half a crown if I remember :D
And as f' Xmas I saw the first ad 1st of October :bang:
And if thats not enough they are trying to "bring religion" into it now, or so I heard, as if its not commercial enough :rules: :bang: :D

Like it Chris!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Why cant fireworks go on sale just on the 5th November and then be taken off shelves? Or just have organised displays? ,i have dogs of which one has to be sedated when the fireworks come, but now we have no real idea when they start and finish! i dont want to spoil peoples fun but there are times when you start to think if it is fireworks outside or has war broke out in our street!! this is when id like to catch the little b---er who thinks its funny letting them off outside your front door and stick it that firework where the sun dont shine!!!

It started on Saturday night and has been going on ever since. I cannot wait for November 5th when it'll all be over.

Except it won't be over then - as it will go on for weeks afterwards like it normally does. Up to now, I haven't heard any fireworks going off around here (they'll start now I've said that :LOL:). But yes, I agree, they shouldn't be sold until nearer the time.

Another valid point is that 5th November used to be something to look forward to, a treat before winter set in. If the kids are setting fireworks off 2 weeks before the big night, will it just become another ordinary need around the beginning of November.

As a kid I used to spent most of the second half of October looking for stuff to burn (read into this nicking stuff from someone else bonfire :embarrassed:), and it was great going to private bonfires and seeing the spectacle of the fireworks going off.

Can it be a spectacle if it happens every night?

It was a great time looking forward to this, now you rarely here of private bonfires and it is all structured to the big displays, this this something else kids are going to miss out on due the continue commercialization of everything?

Bev my dog is nowhere as bad as yours seems to be and I can fully understand your anger as your dog is part of your family and to see it in so much distress must only cause you pain.

Here in N.Ireland fireworks where banned for years untill about the mid 90's after a few years of being legalised they introduced the current system of licensing. To buy fireworks in the shops you have to produce a valid license and the license limits you in the amount you buy and where you set them off.

Since limiting the sale of them I would very rarely hear any fireworks around here certainly its not the several months of constant fireworks that it used to be when they first re-legalised them.

I agree hole heartedly with all the above ban them all including xmas and new year especially new year you get a load of drunken a---holes thinking its great to set off more fireworks at midnight sending the cat into the cellar yet again and it takes 3 days to get her out B---tards !!!

The thing I dont really get is home fireworks arnt that interesting. I would much rather go to a proper show and see real fireworks going off with some form of actual order.

Maybe thats just me.

Back