Dancers - four versions

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Four versions, but which one is better... There's only one way to find out! Er... ask you lot!

Had a shoot with some local dancers yesterday and I really liked this one. Been playing with it half the day though and seem to have lost all objectivity and can't decide which version I like best. There's the original (with just minor fixing and processing), a turbo colour version and two different mono conversions. Just wondered if the shot any good and which version floats your boat?

Shot in the studio with a smoke machine, a single beauty dish to camera right and two gelled background lights onto grey paper.

1. Original image:
Dancers01a.jpg

2. Fairly heavy processing:
Dancers01b.jpg

3. Mono conversion 1:
Dancers01c.jpg

4. Mono conversion 2:
Dancers01d.jpg

Thanks,
Flashy

2, 4, 1, 3 would be the order I'd put them in :)

1 & 4 for me but I can't help thinking the outstretched arm is a little overexposed and it is spoiling the shot.

Very creative and it has given me inspiration to keep on learning.

Thanks Flashy

Out of the two colour ones I am not to sure having looked at both for a bit but think over all prefer the orginal. For the b&w converstions it is the second one. Over all I think it looks better in colour but it a close call.

surely it depends how the shot is going to be used? When I first saw the shot it looked like it might be used as a flyer to advertise a dance school/class.

Or is it just a personal shot between these two?

I like 2 but just toned down a little bit more and the second mono (4) is nice but I prefer the colour.

I prefer the colour to the mono - my favourite is the 1st one, I think the colours are great :)

Out of the two mono versions I much prefer the second one.

Universal votes for 4 as the mono favourite... oh good, that was my choice too! :D

I can't help thinking the outstretched arm is a little overexposed and it is spoiling the shot.
Yeah, I hadn't realised how close the arm is to the edge... I might try and pull it back a little with a LR brush... thanks Tiler.

Mono Conversion No 4
Colour No 2

...but I think the Conversion could be a little heavy still....and I do like the colours :)

Oh good, I'm glad you preferred the heavier colour one... me too! I was worried it may be too OTT! Thanks Adele.

... it looked like it might be used as a flyer to advertise a dance school/class.

Spot on, Michael! It was part of a shoot for a local dance school to use in their marketing.

Thanks for all the comments! :)

#1 for me - v. theatrical and not overbearing in any way! :clap:

Love mono #2 as well.

TFS

4 four me as well, the colours match the grad of the smoke at the rear of the scene. Nice work.

They're all bloomin' good! Hard to choose my fave...but 4 for me too I think!

1 and 4 for me, the original being my favourite,

Very nice shots.

Back