Danger!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes

Danger by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

Another shot from wandering around Wakefield Waterfront. This is a bit of a ghost town and there is still some development that appears to be on hold at present. I have driven past this fencing for over a year but when I walked past it the other day I came up with this idea. I had some images focused on the yellow warning sign but actually preferred this one where it is out of focus

Last edited:
Interesting composition and subject, there is a sense of the abstract about the shot. I am not sure about the out of focus danger sign? Can you post one of the versions with it in focus for comparison? That said I do like tese urban exploration images.

Last edited:
I am not sure about the out of focus danger sign? Can you post one of the versions with it in focus for comparison?

Agreed. Though depending on the aperture I could imagine that the barbed wire would then be out of focus, which might explain the OP's choice. Ideally, I think you'd want both in focus.

Thanks for comments. I agree re focus point. I will go back and check exif data re aperture etc. if I took again I may well use small aperture and take tripod. Difficult was I had decided on the day just to walk round and take photos handheld to make them a bit more spontaneous.

your never gona please everybody Simon I think it works and know what you mean about just wandering and capturing the moment even when you compose and plan a shot it does not work...lets have some more please.

your never gona please everybody Simon I think it works and know what you mean about just wandering and capturing the moment even when you compose and plan a shot it does not work...lets have some more please.

Thanks for your comment. I shall get out and wander again soon! It's a real challenge to try and get good shots of everyday surroundings but something that is satisfying if it comes off. Wakefield isn't the most photogenic city in the world but there are plenty of opportunities for more gritty urban photgraphs

Back