Dark Satanic Mills with the X-Pan

AliB

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
When lensflare kindly lent me his Hasselblad X-Pan he did say I should shoot some Dark Satanic Mills which I have indeed done........................................2 rolls of film later (They were blasted C41 Chemistry so did not develop well in ID11! ) I got a set of nice purple negs off a roll of HP5..............so after leaving it for a while in my seemingly exhausted fixer I now, at long long last have some useable negs.

And my scanner won't work with them!

Does anyone know anywhere who can scan to CD Xpan Negs? and I'll pop some colour stuff through it. :)

In the meantime..........since you all no doubt think I'm an utter layabout and have produced the sweet sum of bugger all........................

My modern twist on Dark Satanic Mills, (albeit a little shorter in width then they should be!)

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

The office where I work :) (not sure what my boss with think of me comparing it to a Dark Satanic Mill(y))

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

My idea of a Dark Satanic Mill,.........Debenhams at the Trafford Centre, the root of all evil...(actually that's John Lewis but that's at the other end)

Did you crop those to show here Ali. Or were they from standard 35mm in rangefinder mode?

How are you finding it? Enjoying the different perspective the double frame gives?

Now go and do something you want to do!

Did you crop those to show here Ali. Or were they from standard 35mm in rangefinder mode?

How are you finding it? Enjoying the different perspective the double frame gives?

Now go and do something you want to do!

mentioned up high that ali's scanner won't do the full width ;)

And my scanner won't work with them!

Does anyone know anywhere who can scan to CD Xpan Negs? and I'll pop some colour stuff through it. :)

Hey AliB

http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/

Looking around their site they do scan X-Pan to CD so Ithink they will also develop them as well.

When you say "And my scanner won't work with them!" do you mean it won't sca the whole neg in one go?

I use a Coolscan IV which is 35mm only, so I scan one side of the neg, then scan the other side and put together in PS.

There is a little more to it than that but in a nut shell it is how I do it.

I have a Canon scanner and it won't do the double width neg, it just stops at were it reckons the end of the neg SHOULD be. lol

I'm going to try to get out and shoot some colour stuff in daylight this week and a very, very kind TP member has kindly offered to scan it for me too :) (Don't you just love this place)

And I will have to arrange to get it back to it's rightful owner who I'm hoping will let me keep it over Christmas when I might just manage to get out to play :) (pretty please ;))

No rush to get it back. You go and enjoy it.

I might stick it on the ebay in the New Year, I won't use it again. I would rather sell it all as a package but Redsnapper has asked for first dibs on the 90mm.

This crisp light is just the job for getting those Velvias saturated.(y)

Damn you!

Right, that's it, half day holiday I'M OUT OF HERE! :)

Back