Dark Skies Reflective Pond - HDR

Edit My Images
Yes
3 exposures combined , cropped , clarify , B&W , some slight noise removal and then finally sharpened and bordered :)

IMG_7326_7_8BWS.jpg

LARGE
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/NeilSouthDivinePhoto/POND/IMG_7326_7_8BWL.jpg

Beautifully edited, and I like the effect on the water, but theres not enough of interest in it for me.

Only looking on my phone but i'm liking it in business card size. :)
If it was mine, i'd crop the left edge to take off the half tree but that's just my odd ways.

One thing thats annoying me is , why is photobucket dropping the quality of the shot?. It's sharper on my computer than when its uploaded 0-o

Oh and thanks for the replies dazz / winsnick

Its nice but if you have used HDR it could have been better on a different day. Hdr helps bring the detail out in the clouds so if you went on a more dramatic day you could of got some amazing detail in them.
Not sure I understand the purpose of your post there Luke. He wasn't there on a different day, he was there on the day he took the shot.

The shots most people take could probably have been better on another day, in other conditions, with other people about... but the thing is, we don't wait for other days, we take shots in the here and now.

@Pirate Neilshouth: I like the shot, and you have made it interesting.

Not sure I understand the purpose of your post there Luke. He wasn't there on a different day, he was there on the day he took the shot.

The shots most people take could probably have been better on another day, in other conditions, with other people about... but the thing is, we don't wait for other days, we take shots in the here and now.

I think Luke was simply saying that returning in better weather could produce a better shot in his opinion...and I would agree. It is a lovely shot, but seems to be lacking a bit of punch for me.

I do like the way the reflection of the big tree just touches the bottom edge of the frame, it is a good use of the water I think and even though the water is not still the reflection still shows up well. If it was my shot I would be tempted to go back (if possible) when there are less clouds, or a bit more definition in the sky. Still a good shot though (y)

Just browsing for ideas on 'reflections' and came across this... amazing shot, I love it! :)

Back