weekly Dark Star's 52 '09ers: Week 16/17 Poverty/Self

While I'm at it here's two versions of exposed....one with me wandering around Soho again and the other safely at home :) Which do you prefer :)?

Exposed 1

7248116734_8b53429042_b.jpg

Exposed 2

7248116602_15f1da5fec_b.jpg

Welcome back John... I know it's been tough, glad you got through it.

Poverty - Clear, sharp, good strong colours, and the lines and DOF work brilliantly. Excellent

Self - I see what you mean ;).. very similar, although your's has more interest with all those other reflections. nicely framed within a frame, I'm guessing that's a 70-200 f/2.8 (based on the tripod collar and barrel size) ?? I think it's a great image, the only thing that I'm not sure on, is the sleeve and watch, lower left, behind the glass.

Thanks John.....yes I agree about that arm (damn - missed that!) and yep it was my trusty 70-200 :)

A few more to go before I'm up to speed! :)

Self... well it's got rid of the arm... ;)... sorry I'm being picky today... I rather liked the frame you had around you, looks like you cropped it at that point...

Exposed, both work well and fit the theme. The first is probably a better image, it's still obvious, but there's more subtlety to it, and I had to look longer... if that makes sense.

Back