Darkroomery

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to say thanks to Rob Hooley for a great day in the darkroom, I really was surprised at the simplicity of it and the childlike feelings of joy when an image appears on a piece of paper. just need to set up a darkroom and buy all the equipment to dev and print my own stuff. Better check the lottery results.

Cheers Rob.

Andy

Just wanted to say thanks to Rob Hooley for a great day in the darkroom, I really was surprised at the simplicity of it and the childlike feelings of joy when an image appears on a piece of paper. just need to set up a darkroom and buy all the equipment to dev and print my own stuff. Better check the lottery results.

Cheers Rob.

Andy

I had my first go at doing my own prints in a darkroom this week and I agree, doing your own prints is great fun though from my brief experience so far I can see it could be a little frustrating too.

Learning when to adjust the aperture or exposure time and of course if you change the filter, then you need to do a test strip to see what the new exposure time should be. Even so, I hope to be able to get an enlarger etc. in the future and do my own prints though right now I would probably do better to focus on learning how to get better shots from my film camera and improving my home developing technique. :D

I had my first go at doing my own prints in a darkroom this week and I agree, doing your own prints is great fun though from my brief experience so far I can see it could be a little frustrating too.

Learning when to adjust the aperture or exposure time and of course if you change the filter, then you need to do a test strip to see what the new exposure time should be. Even so, I hope to be able to get an enlarger etc. in the future and do my own prints though right now I would probably do better to focus on learning how to get better shots from my film camera and improving my home developing technique. :D

I wouldn't say frustrating. Not the sort of thing to do if you are in a hurry though ! You can spend hours .. days even, just getting one print. Even then you might go back to do the same print over and over till you get it just how you want it :)

I wouldn't say frustrating. Not the sort of thing to do if you are in a hurry though ! You can spend hours .. days even, just getting one print. Even then you might go back to do the same print over and over till you get it just how you want it :)

I think maybe the frustration was the fact that with four people all having their first go together, the tutor couldn't be everywhere at once so we each had to wait a while at times for our questions to be answered or for suggestions on the adjustments we could make etc :)

I think maybe the frustration was the fact that with four people all having their first go together, the tutor couldn't be everywhere at once so we each had to wait a while at times for our questions to be answered or for suggestions on the adjustments we could make etc :)

Ahh .. BTDT :D so , to translate .. your were a BIG KIDDY and couldn't wait :D :LOL:

Back