Darling husband

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I would really appreciate your comments and thoughts on the following photo taken of my husband - standing on the cliffe edge at Bude.

steve_neg1.JPG

The composition kind of feels unbalanced to me, being as youve cut into his head and torso so much, I think Id have chopped some space off the bottom (just above the hand) and a tad off the left (feels a bit too much space).

Also, the PP seems a little odd, he appears to have purple fringing around him.
Sorry to be negative and all jmo of course. :)

Well... he seems to be grimacing! (perhaps he didnt want his photo taken!!)

not sure about the crop (half a hand missing) and as he is slightly facing the right... then technically it would have been better if he had been on the other side of the picture facing INTO it........whereas at the moment he is facing OUT of the frame.

Slightly strange effect on his face... is that something you did in post processing?

I can see what you wanted to achieve with this... just needed a little more experience to get it right........thats what we are here for.

Give it another go...........if you go back and can get him to pose again!! :D

You've cut his head off ;) I think the composition is wrong too, he takes up 50% of the picture, and the other side is just space :(

Nice try, but as said chopping the top of his head off hasn't done you many favors, although as Inaglo says, crop some off the bottom and you may get away with it. I wouldnt (personally) crop any from the left as it would mean your better :p half filling even more of the frame (which he dominates already).

Keep trying!

The colour balance of the skin tones is all wrong and it looks as though a lot of noise reduction has been applied. There's also blue fringing around his head, possibly due to Chromatic Abberation but could be post processing artifacts (but it may be my monitor, it's on the blink)

Also, you've cut the top of his head off, not nice, even if he is a baldy. Try the rule of thirds next time to frame his face better.

Thanks for your comments everyone - I guess art is each to his own. I am here to learn and will take on board all of the constructive comments :)

inaneredstripe - thanks for the positive comments.

Also, you've cut the top of his head off, not nice, even if he is a baldy. Try the rule of thirds next time to frame his face better.

Sprog, I dont appreciate your comments about being a baldy... I was asking for comments about the picture, not the subject.:annoyed:

not daring husband.:LOL:
still think its a dramatic shot, even if it isnt technicaly perfect.
i,m not called inane redstripe for nothing.:)
its a comfort to know that someone else makes speling (y)mistakes too.
cliffe?:)
if he,s standing on mr richard , i shall be queite.

sorry:)

Sprog, I dont appreciate your comments about being a baldy... I was asking for comments about the picture, not the subject.:annoyed:

Being a baldy myself for nigh on 15 years I feel well qualified in being able to spot one a mile off.

Quite why you should be annoyed is baffling, especially as the comment was made as a light hearted jest.

Chill.

apart from the crop, i like it. oh and like my subjects - they should smile more...lol

Shame the top of his head has been cut off! He looks a bit like Matt Lucas!

Back