Dartmoor Mixed

Snapper73

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would take quick trip across Dartmoor on my way home as I'm sorting out a Dartmoor meet, if anyone is interested see this thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=145677

Some diffrent processing on a few and wish there was a blue ski on 1 but it was just flat so did the best I can :)

1)

dsc6072.jpg

2)

dsc61831.jpg

3)

dsc62582.jpg

4)

dsc6341t.jpg

5)

dsc6356.jpg

6)

dsc6406.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mate,

5 and 6 I think have a sublime sky - very nice indeed.

1: Would be better if a slight ND grad had been applied to the sky to hold back that detail.

2: Whilst I like the composition, not sure the colours are working for me. Was this shot in Ultra Harsh light?

3: A nice detail shot - I think it would look even better with some dodging / burning and perhaps a vignette. Taking it towards an Urban Decay sort of feel if you catch my drift! :)

4: Now, the edges of the hills. Is it mist? Or is it processing Halo's? The fact that I can't tell I suspect is a bad thing - Halo's are not good. Is it HDR? I think with the ND's used effectively, HDR would not be required. Perhaps exposure blending and bracketing would be a better choice?

5: Love the sky as I said. I feel it suffers the same as 4, but to a much lesser degree.

6: Ditto re 5.

Hope this is constructive,

Gary.

Thanks for the input Gary it was a trip out to try the white balance trick and it worked great on 5 & 6 (y)

Number 1 did have a 1.2 grad on it and still nothing the sky was just flat :crying:

Number 2 Just had some mad processing plug-in which I like but it is very Marmite :)

Number 4 5 6 all had the summer haze mist so its not haloing ;)

I like No.1 very much, the blurred water effect is great but as you say shame about the sky.

no.3 is an excellent shot, just enough isolation from the background and love the colours in 5 & 6.

So to sum up - good shots, well done.(y)

#1, crop the sky out altogether as it will be a much better image without it

i really like #5 and 6 (y)

I think No 1 is a great shot :clap: It's a shame there isn't any detail in the sky, although it doesn't detract too much as it's such a strong composition. 4, 5 and 6 are also very nice.

Back