darts

thats what i was aiming for? trying out a tecnic in a new book lol

Well it may have been a good idea to put that in your opening post, if I'm honest I don't really understand why your going for this look, I understand a deliberately under exposed images, but I would expect that see that as a deliberate style say going for highlights to show the shape and thats about all, but this just looks like poor lightning than a deliberate effort :shrug:

Matt

well i borght a new book and it had a section on under exposing pictures with one side light slightly more then the other and dark objects in the centre so i was giving it ago thats all

to be honest the creases in the background and the underexposing of already dark images add nothing to the shot.

Composition wise, again - it just isn't working...........(for me)

Something like this: I'd have had the darts upright in a piece of cork, widest aperture for DOF with either focus on the word "colin" or the barrel bit (probably a technical name for it, but the bit you hold) shooting down from about 60* to play with the DOF and then it is screaming B&W convo with a complete tonal range from black to white.

Could have still done the under exposing bit, or over exposing if that floats your boat.

Of course, the main thing is, if you're happy with it, that's what counts. (y)

Back