Dashcam Nextbase 522GW

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick heads up about the Nextbase 522GW and fixing to car windscreen . The part that goes onto the screen is supposed to be stuck down,however the stuff they use is no better than blu tack and absolutely useless doesn't hold the dashcam. I have found a good alternative which so far does the job. this is on Amazon and almost the right size , just needs corners clipping back a fraction

a.png

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have used one of them, perhaps want to keep a couple for spares so you probably have about 40 of them lying around. Cost new 11p, the 2nd hand value is about 8p or 2p if MPB are buying them.
So how does £1 sound for 2 inc post? ;)

My dash can has the rear camera thats supposed to be mounted outside the back of the car by the number plate. As I have an estate the outside of that area is near impossible to access from inside (to wire) so being an inventive (=crazy) I used a few gopro brackets and stuck it inside above the window.... well sort of, I've tried those or similar pads,gopro pads, I've tried epoxy, I've tried superglue, and hot glue. All have one thing in common, they fall off... mostly in minutes, my car must be made of teflon.
Amazingly the best thing so far is gorilla tack, that lasts weeks before it falls off.

Are you sure it's supposed to be on the outside where it can be stolen,? Seems strange to me I would have thought on the rear window would be the place for it, at least on my large estate is where I would place it

Are you sure it's supposed to be on the outside where it can be stolen,? Seems strange to me I would have thought on the rear window would be the place for it, at least on my large estate is where I would place it
Yes it's got led lights on it to help with reversing, and the instructions say to put it next to the number plate. Didn't know that when I got it. Luckly the lights are easy to disable with them on inside you cant see a darned thing behind with the glare. It switches to reversing camera mode when the lights are on (wired to the cars reversing lights) and you get full screen view behind.

I have had the 522GW for a few years now - and transferred it from one car to another. I found that the sticky tabs you can buy, and indeed the spares that are included with the cam, are next to useless, so I decided to use the suction pad (also supplied) and it's not fallen off in over a year.

I had to abandon the rear camera, though, as it disrupted DAB signals, even if I fitted extra suppressors on the line. Apparently it's a known problem as the cabling, if it's run under the head lining, goes close to the car aerial on the rear of the roof.

I have had the 522GW for a few years now - and transferred it from one car to another. I found that the sticky tabs you can buy, and indeed the spares that are included with the cam, are next to useless, so I decided to use the suction pad (also supplied) and it's not fallen off in over a year.

I had to abandon the rear camera, though, as it disrupted DAB signals, even if I fitted extra suppressors on the line. Apparently it's a known problem as the cabling, if it's run under the head lining, goes close to the car aerial on the rear of the roof.
I hadn't noticed that as I dont use the radio much, just tested and my radios.c***. Oh dear back to square one... no I'll live without the radio...

I hadn't noticed that as I dont use the radio much, just tested and my radios.c***. Oh dear back to square one... no I'll live without the radio...
I used to get round it by using the Carplay function to listen to the radio, music, etc from my iPhone. When I transferred the dashcam to my present car I didn’t bother with the rear camera. Prob solved!

I put mine up with the suction pad, intending it to be temporary as I wasn't sure about the best place to mount it (under rear view mirror or next to it). Been there a year without falling off.
As for the rear camera, Nextbase have one that plugs into the side of the unit, pointing backwards through the cabin. No interference with DAB, but narrow field of view

I have mounted mine on the top left of the front screen as the Nissan Xtrial Tekna has a very large screen aerial. The field of view is wide enough to cover the whole road ahead.
the previous 312 GW helped when an old idiot decided to corner cut and hit our car with my wife driving. He could not argue who was at fault, so well worth having

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a422niPVsdY

Last edited:
Back