Dashcams

We have used a number of VIOFO dashcams for a few years now from series 1 to the current series 3 in a number of vehicles....all still work perfectly.
Buy direct from VIOFO....we did have a minor problem with one device and it was replaced by overnight delivery.

We have used a number of VIOFO dashcams for a few years now from series 1 to the current series 3 in a number of vehicles....all still work perfectly.
Buy direct from VIOFO....we did have a minor problem with one device and it was replaced by overnight delivery.

Thanks, I'll add it to my list.

I mentioned these at my local garage a while back and they said they'd get and install one for me and I think this thread has convinced me to get one.

Are rear facing ones a good idea too?

If you are willing to extend your budget the Nextbase 322 as an example has the option of coming with a bundle consisting of a rear view camera, and hard-wiring kit. If I was buying now I would buy a rear-facing camera but as I am one of those people that will use the same item until it breaks or I don't want it I will stick with what I have fitted to both our cars (Nextbase 312).

To be honest, I don't see that much that warrants sending onto youtube, and much of what I see on some clips doesn't warrant my time. What I do see a lot of in the videos is completely utter stupidity by the cammer themselves - it's actually more fun reading the comments than watching an entire 10 minute segment.

If you are willing to extend your budget the Nextbase 322 as an example has the option of coming with a bundle consisting of a rear view camera, and hard-wiring kit. If I was buying now I would buy a rear-facing camera but as I am one of those people that will use the same item until it breaks or I don't want it I will stick with what I have fitted to both our cars (Nextbase 312).
The 3221 isn't too much of a stretch so I'll certainly add it to the list. Hard wiring isn't an option as, firstly, I'd never be able to do it and secondly, it's a Motability vehicle so it's not allowed anyway.
To be honest, I don't see that much that warrants sending onto youtube, and much of what I see on some clips doesn't warrant my time. What I do see a lot of in the videos is completely utter stupidity by the cammer themselves - it's actually more fun reading the comments than watching an entire 10 minute segment.
I must admit, I do have a chuckle when someone sends a video into a channel and they get their backsides handed back to them.

Another vote for viofo, have the a129 duo in the wife’s car with the hardwire kit.

For the price is it not bad, software and connection to the phone is not as good as the blackvue I have in my car, but the blackvue ones are expensive.

my latest dashcam in our Nissan is the nextbase GW 522 model. the Honda still has the GW312 version. I upgraded as it has a wider field of view and can if wanted have rear view accessory. I did hard wire originally but could not be bothered with the fuss with the new one, I had it piggybacked to the electric front seat fuse so it worked only when the engine was switched on. The problem is the fusebox on the Nissan is behind the glove box so that has to be removerd first and a right sod to put back

downloading ( or included disk?) Nextbase Replay3 you get this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHR21JyF5uE

Last edited:
I have also a GW522, fitted with the plug-in rear-view camera as, although hard-wiring the dashcam itself was easy enough, I didn't fancy wiring in the remote rear camera.

I still have my old GW512 that I can put in the sales section if asked.....

Do you guys leave these permanently in the car? I guess you have to if some record automatically in the event of impact etc
Yes both have parking mode, but as my one is not hardwired I unplug it when I am at home and the car in the drive.

I still have my old GW512 that I can put in the sales section if asked.....
I have one of those, bought it a while back and has been on my last two cars. Well worth the money and the app for the computer is really good as well.

I ordered one to day. Looks like they ship from China.

Did you hardwire?

Which one did you order?
The A119 v3. It is a few years old but the reviews are still good.

The A119 v3. It is a few years old but the reviews are still good.

Cool, I bought one of these

And

Needed some spare fuses hence the fuse box, otherwise two fuse taps will be fine based on the fuse size that your car has.

You will also need a power tester to see which fuse is a switch live and which is the permanent live.

What car is it going in?

Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0 tdi
Looks like you have a selection of fuze sizes of the blade type. You may be able to use interior light as constant live and radio as switch live. Just don't use any that are related to ABS etc.

This might be interesting to everyone, personally I cannot stand the guy, but he does make some valid points.

LINKY

Back