Datacolor Spyder 3 PRO Monitor / Display Cailbration

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Just printed off a batch of pictures on the new printer (epson PX800)
and the color was totally rubbish, nothing like the pictures on the computer screen so i ordered a Datacolor Spyder 3 PRO monitor / display cailbration, are they as good as they say?

don't know but I was just looking at them as well, be good if someone has any experience :)

i've got one and it does the job, dunno if it's any better than the previous ones though

however it's all relative to print, granted you'll be able to do a bit of eye work and match it up probably but if you want your prints accurate you'll need a print calibrator :)

I use my Datacolor Spyder to calibrate my 3 monitors (All Samsung, 2 x 19", 1 x 24"), and their background colours (standard XP blue) are all slightly different. Read into that what you will. I suspect it's down to brightness rather than colour differences however. I often have problems with prints coming out too dark, and the Spyder doesn't seem able to help with that.

I know it's a lot of money, but the X-Rite Colour Munki calibrates the printer with the monitor and vice versa..

They're about £350 IIRC, but worth it if you want hassle free calibration ;)

Arrived today, welldone speed wise (less than 24 hours)
installed the software and followed the on screen instuctions
it was all over very quick,and tbh i dont think there is much diffirant
sure the screen looks better, but the print quility is still poo,
back to the drawingboard

Back