Daughter - with flash

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent some time messing around with a Speedlite 480EX today. Flash photography is something I rarely do, as I have to blag a flashgun. Anyhow I was pleased with these two, I do need to sort out a background though.

1. What shall I do whilst my hair is drying?

2. Well you did say smile!

Thanks for looking (y).

Mark

Really like #1. Stellar shot with or without a "set" background. I think cloning out the logo on the shirt and maybe the hat would help make this even better.

Not as keen on #2 as I personally prefer more natural poses. That sure is some smile. :D

Really like #1. Stellar shot with or without a "set" background. I think cloning out the logo on the shirt and maybe the hat would help make this even better.

Not as keen on #2 as I personally prefer more natural poses. That sure is some smile. :D

Thansk F-Stop.

That's her favourite t-shirt, I'd never be forgiven if I cloned out the logo;). May have a go at the turby logo though.

As for #2, I know what you mean, but this is more natural than you know for my daughter. She has the most expressive face, she'll be rubbish at Poker:naughty:.

Hi

Santa is bringing me a 430EX for christmas so i am all excited now! Number 1 looks good to me, especially considering you don't often use flash.

I'll be posting my xmas flash disasters in the new year

Thanks annao, and welcome to TP. The 430 appears to be a good flash. You might want to consider something to diffuse the light, I used a piece of white fabric, which seemed to make a difference and reduced some of those harsh shadows.

No problem, hope you enjoy the 430 when you get it.

nice pose on number one! The only thing i would say is GET THAT FLASH OFF CAMERA! LOL no serious get yourself some cheap ebay wireless triggers and read strobist You can create so much more by using off camera light and you have a realy nice flash for £50 you could have a mini studio setup.

Well done on the shots btw realy do like number one

#1 is fantastic and very well framed. #2 is a good fun shot but #1 is on another level.

Thanks appreciate the comments.. I love #2, but only because this is my daughter, she makes me laugh with her expressions(y)

nice pose on number one! The only thing i would say is GET THAT FLASH OFF CAMERA! LOL no serious get yourself some cheap ebay wireless triggers and read strobist You can create so much more by using off camera light and you have a realy nice flash for £50 you could have a mini studio setup.

Well done on the shots btw realy do like number one

I would do, but it's not my flash, I borrowed it from my sister in law. I've got my eye on a studio set up anyway as I'm getting the bug for this portrait game(y)

Back