Daughters 14th.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
A few shots from my daughters 14th party, when she had a few friends around for sleepover etc. I have only included pics of my daughter as I wouldn't like to post the other girls up without the parents permission.

These were just in the living room with my 450d and 430EZ flash. White sheet as backdrop. If I get more into portraits I may look into more 'proper' kit but having spent a fair bit recently I don't want to push my luck with HWMBO ;)

Anyway, C&C welcome.

#1. Christmas backdrop.
IMG_1944.JPG

#2. B&W, playing with setttings. (Colour one added for donald :))
IMG_1997-1.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG

#3. Getting a bit brave with this one.
IMG_2207.JPG

#4. Couch close up
IMG_2245.JPG

Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:
I really like the 2nd and 3rd one, they are very much love them or hate them pics, but i think they have worked really well :clap:

Hi b-1-rd

Lovely set for your album / wall.
No 4 works best for me - sharp, great eye contact and bright.
IMO no 1 could use a little brightening. The blue background is fine but I think if you could select just your daughter and increase the brightness very slightly it would improve the pic.
No 2 looks good / very arty and the processing in No 3 is not my cup of tea.

Thanks guys. Yes 2 and particularly 3 are very much marmite shots.

Rockshifter, I've been going brighter, darker, sharper and softer on that pic (and many like it in the set I have) and couldn't decide. lol. I'll try a touch brighter again and see how it looks. :)

Cheers all.

Last edited:
1 + 4 for me. 4 looking the best,head resting on her hands

2 & 3 for me...

#1 I would prefer to see the top of her head in shot ;)
#2 is really playful and your PP reflects that. Love it.
#3 have you tried a B&W conversion? Something to try and emphasise the vulnerability, rather than to squash it with brash processing.
#4 Nice shot but doesn't say anything.

B.

>.it does, sayes "hurry up an put that camera away "

ROFL - however I will wager that is not what the photographer or his daughter intended :D

B.

Thanks for the comments guys. #4 was the last shot taken so I did put the camera away after that! ;)

Nice to see that each are appealing to someone in different ways.

I like no 4 best - I wish I could get my daughter to be that relaxed in front of the camera! I don't like marmite so you know where I am on no 3 but I do like no 2, I'd be interested to compare the colour version.

Donald

I like no 4 best - I wish I could get my daughter to be that relaxed in front of the camera! I don't like marmite so you know where I am on no 3 but I do like no 2, I'd be interested to compare the colour version.

Donald

There you go donald. Added above next to the b&w.

Number 2 is my favourte. She looks gorgeous but mischeivous and quirky too! Which is your daughters favourite?

i like 1 and the colour version of 2 - i think the B&W has been pushed a bit too far as you have lost a lot of detail.

Back