Davinci Resolve - Pluraleyes alt?

Edit My Images
No
Hey folks, currently I use Premiere Pro and my licence is soon coming to an end and if im honest my work load has went down quite a bit and amonst other things I don't think I'm going to renew and thinking of moving over to davinci resolve. My only problem is that I use Pluraleyes for my video and audio syncing for the likes of wedding services etc where there is 3/4 cameras and perhaps 3/4 audio sources and i find it excellent. Is there such things in davinci resolve for matching these up (as I found the one is premiere very poor) or a plugin that does it? Upon research pluraleyes doesn't work with davinci resolve.

Hey Jay,
Pluraleye, what a great bit of software, been a long time since I used it.
When I used to do the whole vlogging thing I would record audio on a Xoom H1 and sync with the camera's audio in post. Resolve does have an audio sync function but I could never really get it to work (more likely user error) So I tried a program called Power Director, this too has an audio sync function which I found to be very good so long as you have clear peaks in the waveform. I used to just snap my fingers a couple of time at the start of a recording.

You won't need PluralEyes for Resolve as it has some absolutely superb automatic audio file matching built in. Especially in the latest versions.

Thanks folks Ive been trying Resolve out and its not bad, don't think its just as good as plural eyes but then again I think I can cope with it for the money ill be saving each month. If anyone else knows of any plugins or addons for resolve that are worth getting let me know if you dont mind, thanks again.

Out of interest, do you mark a defined point in your audio by making a sharp sound, such as clapping? It helps greatly to assist the software in lining everything up.

Out of interest, do you mark a defined point in your audio by making a sharp sound, such as clapping? It helps greatly to assist the software in lining everything up.
Unfortunately not, its a wedding and didn't have the time. I've tried resolve more lately and its just not doing the same for me at all. However I read somewhere that injecting time code into my video would help greatly but again that also comes at a cost it seems.

Back