Critique Dawn on the North East Coast.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to head down to St Mary's Lighthouse yesterday morning to meet up with a few other guys who'd been planning a trip up from Hartlepool. We were hoping for a lovely sunrise but it never arrived. The cloud cover was perfect for some long exposures however so that's what I came away with. Only filters used were a cokin nd grad for the sky in the lighter pics.

1) 45 sec // f11 // 12mm // iso200

2) 57 sec // f11 // 13mm // iso100

3) 2sec // f18 // 11mm // iso200

4) 5sec // f11 // 10mm // iso100

5) 2sec // f11 // 10mm // iso100

all comments welcomed good or bad :)

Nick

Very nice. A worthy second to your sunrise aspirations! I love the reflection of the lighthouse in #1 and the sky in #4 & 5.

A nice set. Are the others members here? Would be good to see their results too!

Very nice. I particularly like the last image. I miss sunrise shoots here; I really must make the effort to get back one day soon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

A really nice set,i would be very happy with these.:)(y)

No1 for me Nick the lead from the path is perfect, although the sky in the last 3 is very dramatic

Steve

Great set Nick ..no1would be my pick good tones , try just cropping a tad off the top.

No 1,s the winner for me, but, as mentioned before, cracking skys in some of the others

Hi, I like them all very much with #1 being my favorite, the only thing I find a little distracting are the lights at the left hand end of the horizon. Other than that it's a "Cracker".(y)

Thanks for the replies everyone :) the pink is from the lighthouse itself as its lit up for breast cancer awareness. The muted colours in the rest of the pics are purposeful as it wasn't a colourful morning. I looked at increasing the saturation in them but they looked too fake. Cheers again everyone

I really like no1 Nick but the angle the shot was taken at bugs me

I think moving to the right would of made a better composition

Very nice Nick.#3 is a bit different to the norm. That and #6 are the pick for me. Do you know how long the pink lighting is going to be there. I've been giving it a wide berth because of it.

I really like no1 Nick but the angle the shot was taken at bugs me

I think moving to the right would of made a better composition
the difficulty here is, if you move to the right but still want to keep the same wide angle view, you'll get a big sign in the left hand side of the photo lol

Very nice Nick.#3 is a bit different to the norm. That and #6 are the pick for me. Do you know how long the pink lighting is going to be there. I've been giving it a wide berth because of it.
cheers for the comment, ive got no idea how long the pink will be there for :( just go embrace the pink!
it was actually cycling through 5 or 6 colours on the lights :)

Wonderful set, really enjoyed looking at them.
Cheers :)

no 1 for me. I really wish that i had the time to get there earlier when I went. Oh well, next time

Back