Dawn's Soft Light - Derwent Water - The Saga Continues

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Just having a bit of a play with this taken in June (daft o'clock) and I was trying to give it some depth. Has it worked?

All comments and crit welcome, thanks for looking.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
This is the original.

Better or worse?

Andy

For me the original but with the colour of the Post processed one.(y)

OK, thanks Merc. Has anyone got any idea as to why the processed one doesn't work (I secretly like it you see). ;)

Andy

There's two points of sharpness -the boats and the trees on the right. Maybe take the sharpness off the trees for impact - I like the effect though.

There's two points of sharpness -the boats and the trees on the right. Maybe take the sharpness off the trees for impact - I like the effect though.

Jusat saw this on Flickr and said the same thing. :)

Heres another attempt, this one any nearer?

Cheers

Andy

Last for me is the best - very impressed by the way you've rescued what was a fairly dull(in light terms) shot! (y)

Last for me is the best - very impressed by the way you've rescued what was a fairly dull(in light terms) shot! (y)

Thanks John. I really like this shot and I'm determined to get a good image out of it.

Better, I still prefer the original.

Thanks Andy, can you say why you prefer the original?

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, can you say why you prefer the original?
Cheers
Andy

It's mainly the mountains in the background of both the processed shots I don't like. Strugghling for the right words, but they look like they've been painted over with wall paper paste.

HTH

It's mainly the mountains in the background of both the processed shots I don't like. Strugghling for the right words, but they look like they've been painted over with wall paper paste.

HTH

Very well put and you're right they do. Time for a re-think.

Andy

OK, I've had another go at these, this time with a b&w conversion. One has had a warming filter added the other hasn't.
Anyone got any thoughts to whether these look better or worse than the ones above?

1 Without filter

2. With filter

Thanks for looking

Andy

Thanks Chewy, I'll have a go at that.

Andy

Back