Dear Me, The Price of Things Nowadays

Looking through the site I have to say I think its a typo and has the decimal point in the wrong place, well I hope its a typo!!!

Mart

Even allowing for the decimal point error it's still not cheap at £239

I think if I was in the market for something like that, and paying that price, I'd get the Fuji GF670 and keep the change frankly.

Dont think that the price is a typo, although it does seem on the high side, its a much sought after camera and as such commands a high price.
I seem to remember a boxed version selling for over 2k earlier this year:)

Two of the boxed Selfix 820 Autorange Specials have appeared on Ebay at similar prices over the last 18 months or so. It looks like this one is priced based on those if it isn't a typo (£239 would be high, but not exceptionally, for a good 820 Autorange from a retailer backed with a warranty).

This isn't one of the top-priced ones though, it's not an Autorange Special as far as I can see (from what I've seen around there is the 820, the 820 Special, the 820 Autorange and the 820 Autorange Special in approximately this order of value - pull back to the Folding cameras menu and the seller has one each of the first three listed) and it's missing the presentation box that the top priced ones come with.

It's a nice camera (I'd personally love an 820 Autorange), but that price looks off for the camera shown and described.

Just looks like a typo to me, never seen this site before, looks like they have some fair prices for stuff, anyone bought from them before?

Just looks like a typo to me, never seen this site before, looks like they have some fair prices for stuff, anyone bought from them before?

I've looked at the site for a while now, although I've never bought anything from them before. Prices are okay, not always the best but not completely ridiculous either (we'll assume the listing in question is an anomaly or error). But I believe they have a good reputation. They only update their listings at the start of each month though, so worth looking then.

OK, they have a Leica M2 black paint that looks mint for £1600 so i would assume a listing error for the Ensign. The prices aren't bargains and some are a little steep, they seem to be about the same as higher end prices on eBay, but if they've been properly checked and verified then it might be worth paying that extra over a gamble auction on eBay where the seller has no clue but the price is low.

OK, they have a Leica M2 black paint that looks mint for £1600 so i would assume a listing error for the Ensign. The prices aren't bargains and some are a little steep, they seem to be about the same as higher end prices on eBay, but if they've been properly checked and verified then it might be worth paying that extra over a gamble auction on eBay where the seller has no clue but the price is low.

Definitely - for more expensive classic camera buys, buying from a dealer often makes an awful lot of sense. It doesn't look like they offer any warranty unfortunately, but definitely good for peace of mind purchases.

Definitely - for more expensive classic camera buys, buying from a dealer often makes an awful lot of sense. It doesn't look like they offer any warranty unfortunately, but definitely good for peace of mind purchases.

Sale of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Regulations would both apply, so a degree of consumer protection exists even if it's not explicitly stated. Unlike, for example, a purchase from a private Ebay seller.

Sale of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Regulations would both apply, so a degree of consumer protection exists even if it's not explicitly stated. Unlike, for example, a purchase from a private Ebay seller.

Indeed, forgotten about those, although it is nice when they do explicitly state a warranty, especially when you are dropping hundreds (if not thousands) on camera equipment. It should be part of the benefit of a dealer purchase.

I've bought from them and the quality of the kit is excellent and the delivery is super fast. I had a voigtlander bessamatic 135mm which is like new for £65 which was about average price-wise but the service and quality make it worthwhile.

Andy

Back