'Decent' AA battery charger

Edit My Images
No
I'm on about my 3rd cheap battery charger (the current being a 7dayshop 1hr charger). They all charge pretty well but seem to have detrimental effect on the batteries, poor holding of charge and going flat pretty quickly as well as reporting batteries as faulty and then fine when you swap them around in the charger.

So I'm on the lookout for a decent AA charger, an 'intelligent' one would be preferred and something that can condition\discharge would also be useful.

Suggestions as to a good brand and rating of AA would also be appreciated. I currently use 2800 7Dayshop battery which look good on paper but don't seem that reliable in practice.

Any thoughts appreciated

I'm having problems like this too. Charged all my AA batteries about two weeks ago. Have not used any and when I went to use them they wouldn't even allow me to get one flash from my 580EX! Batteries do work immediately after a charge but do not retain their charge for long.

What does the above unit do that is different?

I just use this

energizer_1hourcharger_240.jpg

Plus the Energizer batteries last for so long as well :)

I use a Powerex Maha C9000 charger. Absolutely awesome and has injected extended run time for all batteries I've had.

Thoroughly recommend

Back