Deep in Thought!

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's one from Paignton Zoo recently. Fairly large crop as I was a good distance away. The crop seems to have caused his fur to look blue! I liked the expression on his face though. Any advice on darkening the fur??:|
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

hi alan had a little play with this and surprisingly, all i adjusted was the exposure.(y) it was slightly overexposed. hope its a little better, mike.

4650237569_25895fa598_b.jpg

hi alan had a little play with this and surprisingly, all i adjusted was the exposure.(y) it was slightly overexposed. hope its a little better, mike.

4650237569_25895fa598_b.jpg
Hi Mike,

Thanks. I'm not very advanced with photoshop. How do you adjust exposure??

adjusted exposure in lightroom there,s a free trial on adobe website (y)

Alan,
In my opinion, your original print is the better of the two, I think the one my Dinorock is way over saturated, giving the ape a red tone and the grass to green.
Just my thoughts.
Brian

Alan,
In my opinion, your original print is the better of the two, I think the one my Dinorock is way over saturated, giving the ape a red tone and the grass to green.
Just my thoughts.
Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I thought it went a bit too blue. Just practising with PSE8.;)

Hi Alan,

Gorillas are great to photograph.. Good pic.
Instead of using or buying photoshop or Lightroom, Shoot in RAW on your camera. Then it comes with Digital Photo Professional. Its fantastic software and its free. The good thing about shooting RAW is that you can play around with exposures , white balance, even Black and white.. Then convert to JPG when your done. Very easy to use, and if your unsure how it works, go to the Canon Learning Center ( google it, sorry don't have link handy) and they have some excellent tutorials on how to get the most from the software. I find it much faster for what i do , but everyone is different.

Good luck
thegary

Hi Alan,

Gorillas are great to photograph.. Good pic.
Instead of using or buying photoshop or Lightroom, Shoot in RAW on your camera. Then it comes with Digital Photo Professional. Its fantastic software and its free. The good thing about shooting RAW is that you can play around with exposures , white balance, even Black and white.. Then convert to JPG when your done. Very easy to use, and if your unsure how it works, go to the Canon Learning Center ( google it, sorry don't have link handy) and they have some excellent tutorials on how to get the most from the software. I find it much faster for what i do , but everyone is different.

Good luck
thegary

Ah yes, I keep forgetting to set for RAW. The images are quite large but you can do a lot more with them. I'll try that next time!(y)

Back