Delabole parish village St John's church

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I really wanted to Nightscape our village parish church here in Delabole as its such a beautiful building. There's a large floodlight that the warden uses to light up the building which is a real shame so fighting with controlling the image with that blaring.

I checked with the warden if it was ok to be creeping about in the churchyard at night, so as not to scare the villagers that the dead were rising.

Imaged with Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm.

Panorama 2 vertical image composite of 10x10 sec images for the sky at 1600 iso f. 2.8

5x1 200iso sec images for the church

Processed in Photoshop.

Hoping the congregation enjoys this image as never been imaged at night before.

I think I shall have to calibrate my laptop screen as its a bit lighter on there than what it looks like on devices.

(worth a click)

Lee

Attachments

• shadowsdarkenchurch_copy_2508x1859.jpg
    shadowsdarkenchurch_copy_2508x1859.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 42
Thank you. It is my first building nightscape attempt. The whole church is lit by a huge floodlight to the left of the image so truing to control it in both the short and long exposure was tricky but it does help add to the overall image with the silhouettes of the gravestones.
Lee

Really good effort, just be careful of halos ;)
Thank you, lots to learn on nightscaping. Yes I did notice a halo around the church, some devices show it and some of the prints I've done. And vice versa, some prints don't show it or devices.

Back