Dell Inspiron 27'' All in One

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I know so many ask about whether a computer is good and fast enough processing photos with Lightroom Affinity etc., but I am considering an upgrade to this Inspiron from an HP Touchsmart 520,
intel i5 4 core
23'' screen
8GB Ram
Integrated graphics

New spec as follows;

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700T processor
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1050 with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory
256GB PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive (Storage)

Is there going to be much difference ?

On the face of it you should see improved boot time, with an overall faster PC. The CPU is 6 core let alone a faster processor.

But a 1TB storage drive is these days IMO the bare minimum, unless of course (which you should have) external drives as your backup strategy.

There are tons of different i5 processors so it is hard to compare without knowing model name.

It could have 6 or 7 times more processing power but you cant say unless you know exact models.

The HP 520s look to have restricted themselves to <=65W processors.
There's four Sandy Bridge quad-core i5's with GPU that fit that spec; 2.5GHz 2400S/2405S, 2.3GHz 2500T, and the 2.7GHz 2500S.
The 2.4GHz 8700T has 6 hyperthreading cores and twice the L3 cache so I'd expect a performance improvement.

From CPU side you will see any0where from an 58% boost to 78% boost. Boot times will be greatly improved as will graphics performance. It’ll be a sizeable upgrade.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700T-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2500S/m480804vsm1699 58% speed bump.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700T-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2400S/m480804vsm304 78% speed bump.

The on board GPUs will be hd2000 in your current system. The 1050 will be 2487% faster ie circa 25x faster!!!

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-Intel-HD-2000-Desktop-11-GHz/3650vsm7697

I hope this helps.

It will be fine for processing it certainly will not fall over and crash, even if its a little slower than you would like it will still work fine. We use them in our office and people love them even most so the 27" versions with the touch high gloss screens that look like Dell's attempt to make a PC look like a 27" imac

It will be fine for processing it certainly will not fall over and crash, even if its a little slower than you would like it will still work fine. We use them in our office and people love them even most so the 27" versions with the touch high gloss screens that look like Dell's attempt to make a PC look like a 27" imac

Actually the Intel® Core™ i7-8700T scores average 12625 on the CPU benchmark test.

That is very strong by any standard, there must be one hell of a price tag on the particular one he is talking about.

Actually the Intel® Core™ i7-8700T scores average 12625 on the CPU benchmark test.

That is very strong by any standard, there must be one hell of a price tag on the particular one he is talking about.
Sorry I only seen the current spec of his current model that new one will be lightning quick :)

Thanks everyone. I'll see if the pocket money will stretch far enough now !

Back