North England Derelict Properties - North East England

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Recently I got the bug of shooting derelict properties in Hartlepool and now I don't know of any other places to shoot.

I was wondering if anyone in the North east knew of any good places to shoot or if there were any groups/ threads related to this subject.

Thanks
Karl

I'm in Sunderland and if you find anything let me know!

I don't know if you'd heard of Cherry Knowles in Ryhope but that was the best building I knew of in the northeast. It was a huge Victorian mental hospital that was like a zombie movie inside. It's been flattened now though, so not very helpful.

There must be some crazy, industrial stuff in Middlesbrough but I don't know my way around down there.

I'm in Sunderland and if you find anything let me know!

I don't know if you'd heard of Cherry Knowles in Ryhope but that was the best building I knew of in the northeast. It was a huge Victorian mental hospital that was like a zombie movie inside. It's been flattened now though, so not very helpful.

There must be some crazy, industrial stuff in Middlesbrough but I don't know my way around down there.

Depends if you are willing to travel to hpool, there is a place called tunstall court.

Here is the link to the shots I took last time I was there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karl12347/sets/72157634955943423/

If you need me to give you coordinates let me know.

Wow looks good. I'll shot that to some mates and see if they fancy a drive down. Thanks!

Take a look on this site. All fairly illegal but I love seeing some of the work.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

'fairly' illegal :LOL:

I was about to say I'd love to do something like that, until I saw this:
I waited for him to turn the engine off and then legged it, he shouted 'I'm gonna set my dog after ya' but by the time he got the dog out the back I was out of sight so I just heard a lot of shouting and barking behind me. He then drove around the perimeter searching for me while I made my escape. I also heard a shotgun firing followed by barking earlier on so I dunno if he carries a gun as well or what?!!

Doxford house, Sunderland in the park behind Morrison's between Farringdon and what was Doxford Park but the estate has been flattened.

Also one half of Doxford park is derelict waiting to be demolished there is only a couple of residents there now and a about 100 or so empty houses

The problem with most of the old industrial sites on Teesside is that they are within secure complexes like Wilton site or the old ICI billingham site. No chance of getting in those places as they are pretty secure and still have active sites within them.

A lot of the interesting buildings at Upper Heyford are being flattened right now, although they've generally been off limits ever since the Americans left in '94.

The old college in Peterlee has had metal sheets put in the windows and doorways of the ground floor as it's now harder to get inside, I live in Peterlee but I haven't attempted to go inside. I attended the college in 2000-2002 and my old ICT classroom is in the top right of the 9th photo, it was C10 and it had 2 doors into the room as one opened inwards and one opened outwards. It would be cool having a look inside 12 years after leaving.

Hey just wanted to know if anyone has visited either the Peterlee campus or Tunstall Hall recently? I'd love to go see them, any coordinates would be greatly appreciated ;)

Unfortunately Tunstall hall has been knocked down now so that the land can be used for development.

The below link is for the old peterlee campus. However you may struggle to get in as tesco have recently announced they would not buy the land anymore and the council bordered it up tightly, I couldn't get in. But if you are going to give it a try, there is a gate at the back of the building which is your best bet.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...e!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xbf1fe99001663ab7

Two years later sorry! but has anyone got a close venue or an address for the peterlee campus, I am driving but my friend knows a way to get in, super exited to shoot this building. Also does anyone know any other abandoned buildings in north east area?

Don't know about derelict, but there's plenty of empty properties in Alnwick town centre. Towns dying on its arse.

Back