Derwent Water

R

RobbieW

Hi peoples

This is from my trip to the Lake District a few months ago.

Derwent_Water_01_copy.jpg

next years new years resolution is to process my images when I get home :bang:

Rob

Hmmm. I think there's too much bridge. It leads right into the landscape, rather up to it.

Hmmm. I think there's too much bridge. It leads right into the landscape, rather up to it.

I see what Petemc means. I like the shot but for me the post at the end of the jetty is a barrier to the scenery behind.

Thats my 2p anyway for what it's worth. (2p probably:LOL:)

Thanks for your comments, its the only one I have of the bridge/pier as people kept getting in the way, I will use it as an excuse to o back next year though :)

I found this quite difficult to shoot myself, as has been said the poles tend to block most of the view and I opted for the higher angle while also shooting in portrait......it was raining and got splashes on the lens so still not happy with my results.

A classic Derwent water shot. I visit the lake district on a regular basis & have seen quite a few of these jetty shots in local galleries. This is a very good example with the fells in the background.(y)

If you revisit at a later date may I suggest you try some of the other jetties around the lake, there are about 6 in total that the ferries run between. Might make for some interesting backdrops. :)

Back