Detonate!

Edit My Images
Yes
You won't find any modes of transport in these photo's! However, this is the result of the role demo display at Cosford Airshow where two Tornado GR4's simulated a bombing run. I kind of knew this was about to happen so focused on the airfield rather than the aircraft, played havoc with the camera's metering system and even at 250 yds away I felt the heat. Wasn't quite expecting that!

Tim

4701025066_22f3b132df_b.jpg

4700393867_66e1c27bc3_b.jpg

4701028044_16cab8e37b_b.jpg

4700398839_97aa2fd33d_b.jpg

4701026266_10cf1a3389_b.jpg

4700396715_45a12b9013_b.jpg

Hi Tim, enjoyed the show (1st time), shame it wasn't the full role demo, but it was still impressive all the same, they put on a very good display, apart from the model airplanes at the beginning, interesting but not sure I'll be at their show in July, did I mention their show in July, think I'll be else where that weekend :thinking:

Photography wasn't that good though I thought :thumbsdown:, light conditions were challenging at best, being the 1st time and arrived when most of the crowd line was full, probably pick the wrong spot, right of the planes TV stand towards the bottom of the runway.... Did you get wet :D

Awesome set, not everyday you get to see something like that up close

The heat off them was amazing, we certainly were not expecting it!

Nice captures!

And yes, the rain was awful. I gave the wife my coat as she was cold around 2pm, so I looked like I had been for a swim! Had to come back to watch the harriers though! :D

Fantastic images, atleast the blasts were a touch of warmth!

Went to a live fire display on Salsbury plain in 2000. What an eye opener.. Saw this for real though alot further away than 250yds.. Other things were tanks etc about 20 feet.. two Tornadoes at about 50 feet over head and everyone I was sitting with (military and goverment buyer types) ***** a brick and jumped out of their skins LOL... Pilot got his ears chewed off over it though...

Are those people, stood on the top of that bunker?????

Amazing shots, thanks for sharing.

Apocalypse Now music just popped into anyone elses heads??

Superb that man! I can feel the warmth.

Back