Dev/Scan Help Please.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
I've just stuck my first roll of film through my new Hassy since this is the first day the weathers been great and its my day off. since its my first roll of MF film ever, I've been looking at choices for dev/scaning to see how I did...

Things are looking a little expensive around £15-30 for what could essentially be a roll of blur lol, I was wondering if anyone would consider deving and scanning me a roll of Ilford Panf 50 at a reasonably high res? I will of course pay for potage and contribute to chem/time costs.

If things are looking not to bad, it will be worth shelling out in the future, bu until I have an idea I'd rather not be spending close to £20 a pop.

Give me a shout if anyone can help out :)

Many thanks,

Rob.

Resolution around 2000x2000 pixels, something like that? I'm not sure what is realistically achievable with a flatbed if anyone could advise on that?

I wondered what you might be getting for your 15-30 quid develop and scan

£15 gets you developing and optimum print scans for 10x10 and £30 the same but scans for 12x12 prints.

The cost is in the scans, developing is only a few quid, the rest is scan res.

seeing as we're in the same county, I'll do your develop & scan...:cool:

The cost is in the scans, developing is only a few quid, the rest is scan res.

seeing as we're in the same county, I'll do your develop & scan...:cool:

That would be great thanks - I'll give you a PM to discuss things further :)

I thought Peak Imaging were cheaper than that and their scans were pretty high res last time I got them done there.

I thought Peak Imaging were cheaper than that and their scans were pretty high res last time I got them done there.

they were the fist place I looked actually, pretty pricey unless I was sure things would come out well :) I dont mind paying for quality - as long as I have some idea what I've taken is any good :)

I don't think scanning prices are very good value.
When you factor in the fact that even the very best scans are still a pale imitation of the actual film frame.
B/W isn't as bad as slide but these things are meant to be seen as prints, in your hand, scans just can't reproduce what would appear on paper.
I guess I'm saying scanners are good value either but scanning your own is the best scenario out of a bad lot of scenarios.
Anyway, I just bobbed in to the MDC to find Pan F soups @ 4.5 mins in 1+14 ilfosol 3, I'm just gonna do it this min...:D

I just bobbed in to the MDC to find Pan F soups @ 4.5 mins in 1+14 ilfosol 3, I'm just gonna do it this min..

You may as well be talking another language there - but I'm still strangely excited lol :D

Done.....scan tomorrow when dry..:)

some of them look a bit thin, you might want to revisit your metering technique see if there's a tendency to under expose..

The Massive Development Chart gives times, temps and dilution details for thousands of combinations of film & Developer

Last edited:
Done.....scan tomorrow when dry..:)

some of them look a bit thin, you might want to revisit your metering technique see if there's a tendency to under expose..

Great, that sounds about right, I'm half expecting them to be coming out quite dark for a few reasons :shake: Hopefully all will not be lost!

I just bobbed in to the MDC
(i just checked on the Massive Development Chart website)

to find Pan F soups @ 4.5 mins
(to find that I need to develop a roll of Pan F film for 4min30 seconds)

in 1+14 ilfosol 3,
(if I'm using the Ilford Developer Ilfosol 3 at a dilution of 1 part Dev, 14 parts water)

I'm just gonna do it this min...:D
(and I'm just about to start developing now)

I occasionally think Jox needs subtitles.... :LOL:

lol...

good job it isn't a voice conversation, that and a heavy Ponty accent would ensure nobody knew what anybody was saying about anything ever...:LOL:

lol...

good job it isn't a voice conversation, that and a heavy Ponty accent would ensure nobody knew what anybody was saying about anything ever...:LOL:

I find if I need people to understand me, I do have to engage "Harrogate Yorkshire" mode... Native Sharlston may as well be Swahili to half the country :LOL:

I find if I need people to understand me, I do have to engage "Harrogate Yorkshire" mode... Native Sharlston may as well be Swahili to half the country :LOL:

In fact different English was spoken around the country until London decided to do something about it, IIRC in the 14th century.
Fascinating documentary on tv about the language and how it went underground and the Normans tried to destroy it and why some of it is illogical in spelling.

If you want to impress the natives, speak like a geek, even if you know nowt.

Back