dev time

Edit My Images
No
i have a 35mm hp5+ ,,,its been exposed at 6400 iso ,,,i have some id11 1+1
what time would you go for ????

Although you will damage at least one frame have you considered doing a clip test?

A semi stand dev might prove a better option tbh although I've never used ID11.

thanks for the replies ,,Nick ,im not really worried if the whole roll goes down ,i was looking for a really grainy contrasty set of images ,and err one small point i may have missed off the opening post was ,"cough" i have used the developer for three sets of two films already ,,,,,anyway all the things that i was ordere er asked to do have been done so its to the bat cave and see what happens ,,,,,see you all in two weeks three days and twenty one minutes ,,,, :)

you resuse developer ?????

As long as its not diluted then you can reuse it quite a few more times - if diluted and used as one shot though however then it generally loses activity after a few hours.

As long as its not diluted then you can reuse it quite a few more times - if diluted and used as one shot though however then it generally loses activity after a few hours.

OP states id11 1+1 and then goes on to say has been used 3 times already!!!

looking at the ID11 fact sheet, reuse of stock developer requires extended dev times to compensate for the restrsining action of increased halides in the solution.

It does not state that at 1+1 the developer can de reused

and do not recommend push processing using
reused developer

going to be interesting then ,,,using 1+1 from yesterday that did six fillums ,,,and using it on hp5 thats been pushed 4 stops ,,,,,i think i'll leave it in just a bit longer, results later today :bonk:

anyway when did fillumies ever follow rules pah ( 19 mins and counting ,with a quick kick around the kitchen floor now and again )

got bored waiting ,,so i went up the garden and did another silly thing ,,,,i put a roll of fp4 through the ful view ,,,thats going to be another wasted film then :D

anyway 45 mins and counting ,,,,i think i'll give it an hour ish

When you say you resued it can you confirm it's stock not 1/1? Secondly what quantity are you talking about, 600ml A Litre what?

must be done by now then ??

He should have another hour at 180 degrees before taking it out and leaving it to cool for 20 minutes (y)

Wayne ,,it was 1+1 mixed yesterday from stock that was a month or so old , 22 ounces which i used to do two 35mm films at a time ,,now let me go and find the negs and see if there is anything to scan oo eer the suspence isnt doing anything for me at all back in a mo

you may give me your predictions now as to if there is anything to scan

there will be something to scan, though i recon it will still be appear underdeveloped, and therefore flat images.

thats my guess anyway :)

good luck

scanning as i type ,,, the neg is very thin for most of it , but for some strange reason there seems to be some sort of density build up in others ,,
pics to follow

well theres no detail in the shadows ,no s*** sherlock

img837_Copy_.jpg

img843_Copy_.jpg

img831_Copy_.jpg

i'm pleased they came out at all to be honest ,,,
i think i need to try one at something a bit quicker ,,,
my light meter goes up to 8000 ,,,so iso 16000 next , and fresh stock developer

I like 'em. The bleak bushes in the snow is rather cool with the brutal contrast. (y)

Back