Developing 35 mm film

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

Unsure if the search function is broken at the minute or it’s just my appalling internet connection at the minute but I couldn’t get an answer to this by using it.

probably a question that’s been asked (a lot) on here but where do people recommend getting rolls of 35mm film developed these days?

Not picked up my SLR in almost 30 years, but my daughter wants to use film for a school project.

So I’ve got some film and could obviously just google it, but hoped to get personal recommendations.

I would probably want it scanned at the same time to make the images easier for her to work with.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
For dev & scan I use Filmdev. For dev only and E-6, I use AG Photographic (Filmdev don't do slide last time I checked). Both companies supply scans as download links which is extremely convenient. Watch out for places that supply scans on CD only - esp if your daughter doesn't have a CD drive on her computer! Our college locks out the CD tray on their computers for students too.

If you're going to work with the scans, [Filmdev] "small" are fine for computer & web display, but if you want prints larger than 6x4, you might want to go "medium".

Unsure if the search function is broken at the minute or it’s just my appalling internet connection
Hi Kell we are fully aware of the situation.
There are a few threads in the Site help and support about it.
(Always a good place to look and or post for forum issues)
Marcel is on the case, and is waiting for a response from the site hosts.

If you're going to work with the scans, [Filmdev] "small" are fine for computer & web display, but if you want prints larger than 6x4, you might want to go "medium".

I have found the small scans on Filmdev's Fuji Frontier OK, but the small scans on the Noritsu (which they use by default on all black and white work) are really quite annoyingly small. I almost always pay the extra couple of quid for medium scans, which give you a bit more cropping flexibility.

@Kell in the first post of the Film Developing in the UK thread (linked from the Resources thread that Andy pointed you to ), there's a link to a nifty price estimator which might help you choose...

Hi Kell we are fully aware of the situation.
There are a few threads in the Site help and support about it.
(Always a good place to look and or post for forum issues)
Marcel is on the case, and is waiting for a response from the site hosts.

Cheers.

That wasn’t a dig at the site ‘elves’ more an acknowledgement that I tried the search function before asking a question I assume gets asked a lot.

I know it can get quite annoying for members when someone asks a question that they could have easily answered themselves with a little effort.

Peak are the best for me, not the cheapest but the most reliable I've used.

Back