Devon Landscapes.

Edit My Images
Yes
Some landscape work from my recent break in Devon. I am the first to admit that I am no landscaper but I quite enjoy looking for the usual cliches, rule of thirds, lead in and out etc.

Opinions more than welcome as rarely shot this stuff as simply does not suit my style.

To my eyes, nothing really 'wrong' but just 2.4 landscape shots that lack drama. I forgot my tripod head so I could only shoot handheld and my plan for bracketing and slow shutters went belly up.

Having arrived home today I thought about what I got and think I should have spot metered against a cloud and tried that....?

RU5A0976-01.jpg

DevonCliffs2006112.jpg

RU5A1297-01.jpg

DevonCliffs2006157.jpg

DevonCliffs200614.jpg

RU5A0886-01.jpg

RU5A0965-01.jpg

DevonCliffs2006159.jpg

RU5A1326-01.jpg

Hey Diego when are you ever going to post a cr*p picture! :naughty:

These are reallly good. It looks like you spent a while down there catching the light which I think you have done.

Handheld or not they are good. I like the one of the spray in mid air looking out to whatever that thing in the water is. (edit - that'll be number six then!)

All good stuff mate - look forward to seeing to some stuff done on the tripod.... arrgghhh!:bang:

Hey Diego when are you ever going to post a cr*p picture! :naughty:

These are reallly good. It looks like you spent a while down there catching the light which I think you have done.

Handheld or not they are good. I like the one of the spray in mid air looking out to whatever that thing in the water is. (edit - that'll be number six then!)

All good stuff mate - look forward to seeing to some stuff done on the tripod.... arrgghhh!:bang:

Thanks Bob. Thats kind of you.

As I say I am very honest with landscaping in that my style is sport and street which is quick quick quick. Snap and go if you will. I did enjoy chilling however but my plan for some early morning sunrise was scuppered by banks of fog that failed to shift till maybe 10am!

I look towards people like Hoodi and Pete Carr and PE for this stuff tbh.

No 6 is the sort of thing you see in Ikea on a big print (thats a compliment BTW!!!)

Is the 2nd last one HDR?

No 6 is the sort of thing you see in Ikea on a big print (thats a compliment BTW!!!)

Is the 2nd last one HDR?

No, none HDR, I think it just the variable light on the stone, which looks kind of purple :thinking:

Very nice Pete.

My fav is the second to last.

Back