Critique Devon Trees now with added Edits

I've seen a couple of places with tree lined roads like this and I've never quite cracked the right shot on them, mainly because I try to get some bright sky in and that spoiled it. No such problems with this shot and I think your composititon is pretty effective, although I'm not too sure about the wide part of the road in the foreground, so maybe a slight crop there? I'd then be tempted to increase the contrast a bit at a time as I think it could stand that, but obviously has to be your vision at the end.

Of the edits I prefer the first one, although I liked the original. My only comment is on a couple of the trees, mainly the one on the left, the back of the tree is in bright light and this has blown the highlight slightly. I find a bit distracting, maybe a slight dodge (or burn, can never remember which isi which :) ) just to sarken it slightly

Of the edits I prefer the first one, although I liked the original. My only comment is on a couple of the trees, mainly the one on the left, the back of the tree is in bright light and this has blown the highlight slightly. I find a bit distracting, maybe a slight dodge (or burn, can never remember which isi which :) ) just to sarken it slightly

I need to calibrate my monitor. I've added that in as I was trying to create some sun light. I Also need a slightly tighter crop on the RHS.

I'd say they were both improvements on the original, so well done for that. I think the overall feel is that you are now in amongst it, whereas the widening out of the road end gave the feeling of being outside looking in.

Last edited:
Back