Dibond Mounting?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone mounted their own prints on dibond? I've come into half a dozen A3 sheets of dibond through a friend who has a printing business and have some prints I'd like to mount on them - is it just a case of repositionable adhesive spray and that's it, or is there some other method of mounting the prints on them? Any advice welcome, as google wasn't a great help apart from businesses wanting to sell me dibond or dibond prints...... TIA.

Lining up without a press to register might be a bugger. And the adhesive is only repositionable so far. My VERY leftfield approach would be to key the surface with wet and dry, probably paint a pH neutral acrylic primer on and then use a ph neutral wallpaper paste. Slithery until it's in place! But would only work for some papers.

Lining up without a press to register might be a bugger. And the adhesive is only repositionable so far. My VERY leftfield approach would be to key the surface with wet and dry, probably paint a pH neutral acrylic primer on and then use a ph neutral wallpaper paste. Slithery until it's in place! But would only work for some papers.
Ha, the wallpaper paste is a genius idea, thanks!

Dunno, it's been used for Chinese and Japanese scrolls for a while....:)

Chinese and Japanese scrolls are generally hung but when they are wet mounted it's generally after a number of paper backings have been laminated to the back of the scroll to add dimensional stability and to absorb the paste used to mount them to prevent damage to the decorative face of the scroll.

If you look at the classic mounting technique, it involves placing the image face down, pasting the heck out if it and the laying the backing on top.......agree it will not work for gloss or satin paper but well worth an experiment for matte.

.....I'll bear all this in mind when I buy my next Chinese scroll from a Sotheby's auction...... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: nog
Do you collect them?
Erm, no, there's not enough room on my walls for them to compete with the prints...... also a factor is not being able to afford anything like that! :)

I must admit I'm not actually wild about many of them, though the best are truly amazing. And I'm not at all sure about the fabric borders. I just find the technique works for me.

I'd bet that you have a spare print or 2 somewhere, probably on the same paper as you're hoping to mount on the Dibond. Experiment!

Back