Dicentra Spectabilis (Bleeding Heart)

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Can you tell me which of these shots works best for you....horizontal.. or vertical.

Bleedinghearthorizontal.jpg

Bleedingheartvertical.jpg

Janice,
I'd say the horizontal, definately.
Rich

Horizontal. The strong diagonal works far better from corner to corner.

i agree horizontal :thumb:
lovely shot

Thanks guys....horizontal it is then! :D

Lovely study - agree with the rest, horizontal. I never looked that closely at the individual flowers before. They are amazing shape and colour like some creature round a coral reef.

first one, definately, really nice!

Excellent choice of background colour :) , have to agree that the horizontal crop works the best.:thumb:

It might be worth having another 'crop' at it to give more space at the bottom , it balances it a bit more (imo etc....:))

widercrop.jpg

well I'm going to be the odd one out again :p

I prefer the vertical, I think there's a bit too much empty space bottom right in the horizontal version. Then again maybe it's just that I prefer that format to landscape. :smilenod:

Horizontal for me too :)

I like the background colour and bokeh <insert other big fancy photographic words here>

I'm torn between the two, but I'd have to plump for the horizontal.

You could have presented either and received praise for a cracker of a shot.

The horizontal is slightly more sympathetic but if the vert was on a greeting card would it stop you buying it? I think not.

Marcel said:
I'm torn between the two,
Phew! glad its not just me then!
I initially chose the vertical but being as everyone said horizontal & Im new at this I kind of thought that horizontal must be the way to go but no matter how I try, I still keep coming back to vertical!
Its a stunning capture which ever way you frame it!

Back