Didn't get any ducks to break my D300 in..

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Got some swans instead;

Full_steam_ahead_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Reed_lunch_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Dripping_beak_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Ill say there in order of merit excellent work.
Hope the d300 is a good choice. I was thinking of swithching over when my 350d died but then the 40d come.
cheers jason

Yup, I agree with WanderingMind, and #3 is my fave too.

I really like the way it looks as if he/she is trying to assist you by arching into frame.
Love the water droplets down the neck, the eye-conact, and that final little jewel on the end of the beak, lovely! (y)

Thanks everyone :)

All 3 are good, but the 2nd one stands out. So. much detail. What lens did you use?

Cheers. I used my Sigma 300mm f2.8. Initially I thought it was back focusing slightly, but I now suspect is was the D40X not focusing very accurately as it was hit and miss. Think I have entered a new phase of perfectly sharp focus with this lens. Mmmmm... 51 AF points.:D

Some great detail in those shots MK, particularly liking the last one. I take it you are enjoying your new toy (y)

Thank you. I sure am enjoying it. I think some of the best features I won't even notice im enjoying, they will just be used naturally and make everything more fluid to use. Have to say though so far the 51 point autofocusing with 3D tracking and continuous focusing has been a dream to use. I can lock the focus point to say the eye of the swan, and it doesn't matter where the swans head goes in the frame.. the camera focus stays locked to the eye. Im also loving all the buttons. (Ive customized the function buttons, so I can now spot meter and lock the exposure in a split second) And finally, but not least is the sound of the shutter. It just sounds 'meatier' and more satisfying than the D40X. I think me and this camera will get on just fine. (y) (Especially once the battery grip turns up, as it does feel a bit strange without one)

Thanks everyone :)

Thank you. I sure am enjoying it. I think some of the best features I won't even notice im enjoying, they will just be used naturally and make everything more fluid to use. Have to say though so far the 51 point autofocusing with 3D tracking and continuous focusing has been a dream to use. I can lock the focus point to say the eye of the swan, and it doesn't matter where the swans head goes in the frame.. the camera focus stays locked to the eye. Im also loving all the buttons. (Ive customized the function buttons, so I can now spot meter and lock the exposure in a split second) And finally, but not least is the sound of the shutter. It just sounds 'meatier' and more satisfying than the D40X. I think me and this camera will get on just fine. (y) (Especially once the battery grip turns up, as it does feel a bit strange without one)

:shake: its making my D200 sound very dated....

Although I agree about the 'meaty' shutter sound on nikons bigger models :D

Fabulous shots, love the detail and the water droplets.(y)

yeah i wasn't expecting that much when I saw 'ducks' in the title, but the 'd300' bit drew me in and I'm really impressed with all the shot, but esp. 2 and 3... I love the droplet hanging from the beak - nice timing :)

Back