Difference between Power Director 10 & Premiere Elements 10

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking at getting photoshop elements 10, I also need to edit some videos as well.

I did not know if I would be better off getting power director 10 or premiere 10 to go with photoshop elements 10? Having a quick look on Amazon, the package for elements 10 & premiere 10 seems to come in around the £60 mark, which is more cost effective than the stand alone of powerdirector.

So basically what would the best one to get? Power Director 10 or Premier Elements 10?

Over to you

Thanks

Looking at getting photoshop elements 10, I also need to edit some videos as well.

I did not know if I would be better off getting power director 10 or premiere 10 to go with photoshop elements 10? Having a quick look on Amazon, the package for elements 10 & premiere 10 seems to come in around the £60 mark, which is more cost effective than the stand alone of powerdirector.

So basically what would the best one to get? Power Director 10 or Premier Elements 10?

Over to you

Thanks

I use CS5 suite now and only vaguely remember various Adobe mismashes I had before CS suite was introduced so can't really help but I would say both products can be downloaded as a trial so suggest you do that and really use them. See what you like best.

Adobe used to be all over the place but everything is standardised a lot more so moving from Premiere Pro to Photoshop to After Effects etc is not a pain like it used to be- they all have the same look and feel and you get a much better user experience.
With that in mind I imagine Elements 10 and Premier 10 have a similar look and feel which may help but you find Cyberlink's product really intuitive for movies.

Some people hate Premiere Pro but it's really all I know- software is quite a personal thing so you really need to try- one of the reasons for so many trials.

Downloaded elements 10 and really like that but I cannot get premier 10 to work, keeps crashing. I think it is more to do with my computer than the program itself.

Downloaded elements 10 and really like that but I cannot get premier 10 to work, keeps crashing. I think it is more to do with my computer than the program itself.

Could well be- you may find some help here

System spec here

I remember I had premiere pro 1.5 at one stage- it became version 2.0 and my AMD chipset meant I was screwed to upgrade.

I now essentially run a skynet system mainly to avoid having these issues:D

Back