Digital camera for a 5yr old!

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya,
My little girl wants a camera for her birthday and has been going on about one for ages, always wanting to take shots herself when I get mine out, etc. I'm wondering if anyone makes a camera specifically aimed at children - nice and simple, strong and droppable, etc.
I'm off down the camera shop this lunchtime and will ask the guys there but I thought I'd ask here too just to see if anyone had any thoughts.
I'm thinking along the lines of something where quality isn't the highest of priorities, but durability and simplicity is! Also the cost would have to be pretty low - to be honest there's more chance of it just getting lost than broken; my girl's quite careful & gentle with things but would forget her head if it wasn't screwed on! Perhaps we need just a simple cheap little camera that won't cause a disaster if it gets lost...
Thanks for any suggestions.
Julian.

Biggest priority for young children using a camera is to make sure you get one that will take the picture as quick as they press the shutter button, that it doesn't spend an age "hunting".

My son-in-law has one of these - Olympus Mju 725 SW Shockproof and Waterproof Digital camera.

Seems very durable, easy to use and has (so far) not been broken by my grand daughter, even though its been on the beach, in the sea and in a swimming pool:eek:
Neil

I am another one for the Olympus sw, both my nephews who are 9 and 12 have one. They are very solidly built waterproof, shockproof and can withstand all sorts of rough stuff. The cameras aren't bad either.:LOL:

Wow, thanks guys this is brilliant help.
The Olympus looks very good but may be too much money - I've found it for just over £200 or £150 for what may be last year's model or something, but that's still more than we wanted to spend.
There's a few on that lego website which will fit the bill just fine.

THANKS AGAIN!(y)

there was a advert on a while ago with a kid chucking a camera about and down a hill. washing it and stuff ho and dont forget the dog eating it.
cannot remember the make though im going to say Canon because there the best ;) :LOL:

That advert was for the Olympus. There are Fisher Price cameras available that are droppable, chewable, use to hammer the dogs skull, all that stuff kids get up to. Some of the kids around my daughters age (5yo) got them for xmas and are having good fun with them. Try Argos or Amazon to check them out.

Back