Digital Camera strip down.

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone stripped down their digital camera? I have a Fuji S 304. The bezel on the front has come off and needs to be scewed back on from inside the camera. Screws have fallen out and disappeared by the way.
I enquired about having it done at my local camera shop but they send cameras away for repair and the repairers would only do it as part of a service. The missing screws look similar to those used on glasses. Or do I just glue the bezel back on?

Sounds just cosmetic anyway. I'd be tempted to just cut some strips of double sided carpet tape (if the mating areas are flat enough) There's no danger of doing any damage that way. I got fed up of losing eyepieces off my 20D and I've used this method to fix it in place. :)

i put £10 on you getting one hell of a jolt off the flash capacitor if you do strip it down

i did with a cheapo fuji camera, it got me good! and then it got my boss, and then it got me again, and then i hit it with a hammer and stuck a screwdriver through it!:thinking:

LOL I don't thing wearing specs helps. The glass sort of grips the rubber and pushes it up without you realising it.

I like the idea of double sided tape.

double sided tape is a marvelous tool, worth a go for sure

Back