Digtal printed album vs Traditional print album

Edit My Images
No
Having been in the wedding tog business for around 20 years now i have come acustomed to standard albums with overlays and printed photos ..

How many toggers here are using the new printed digital albums as opposed to spending a few hours building up a traditional type album with prints ...

GF Smith in Hull where i live keep pushing these new albums everytime i see the rep ... they look pretty good and might save me some time and money. However do you think the quality of the printing is matching that of the traitional printed photo .. ?

well - the albums they do are photo paper so they are "traditionally printed"...

.... I don't think I know of any labs still printing negs "traditionally" or optically. Everyone now scans film and prints digitally - usually on the same kind of paper that went through an optical printer.

You might find a couple of labs with enlargers????

GF smith do a very good price - I run a lab, and our print prices are keen - but the difference between a self adhesive album from GF Smith and our prints V one assembled by them is so small theres little point (apart from control!)

Sorry David ... guess i out it accross wrong ..

What i meant to say is ... is the quality of printed albums where the photos are printed directly onto board pages (with template software they supply) as good as printed photos from a lab ..

Some of the albums i saw at Focus show seemed a little low res compared to a high quality print

GF Smith do mostly Digital albums now ...

http://www.gfsmithphotomount.co.uk/expressions.htm

Yes, the printing process is the same providing 'photographic' substrate is used. Otherwise digital photobooks might use offset printing which isn't always as punchy. All the manufacturers state their processes though on the websites.

Back