Dilemma: New D80 or 2nd hand D200...

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
R

reddeathdrinker

I have a dilemma...Do I buy a new D80 body from Kerso (£450-ish), or a second hand D200 (at around the £520 mark it seems...)

it's only a few quid either way, is the extra oomph of the D200 worth going second-hand for, over the reassurance of a new D80? I really am stumped by this one...

Any thoughts? (preferably backed up by reasoning;))

cheers

depends on what your after out of your photography,

i have a d80 and love it. i paid £800 for it with a 18-135 lens,

and the d200 was out of my price range at the time, but tbh i never contemplated buying 2nd hand.

but with most of the d200 for sale at the moment are only being shipped on becsue the seller may have made way for the d300.

but i think i would be swayed for the d200 at that price. juts make sure its been looked after

As long as the D200 has been looked after, that's the way I'd go. New or s/h shouldn't make a difference, and the extra features are well worth the money.

For me the fps was important for wildlife, but also for HDR and the like the D200's no. frames and no. stops auto-bracket is very handy. I won't list all the features, I'm sure you know them and which ones are most of interest for you :)

I'm going for the D200 next, was going to get a D80 but after looking at some s/h D200's, you'll get much more for your money

I went from a D70s to a D200, the 200 is a very good bit of kit.....(y)

Well, I had a D80, and I'm of the opinion it's a great, and very capable camera, but I had a shot of my old mans D300 at New Year, but it's out of my price range...

I suppose I'll wait till the end of the month, see what I can squeeze myself to (anyone wanting to sell a D200 at the end of the month??!)

I have a D200 as a second body which I could consider parting with - my wife is looking for a camera, and I'd rather not spend money at the moment :)

If you do decide to head the D200 route, let me know. I guess that body must have had <5,000 shots, and should be in perfect condition.

Back