Critique Din Pentir, Kernow

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I thought I'd throw this over to TP for some feedback and hopefully receive some discerning critique. All comments are welcome.

13129994943_a9e7846cf6_z.jpg

This is quite different from my usual landscape shot and it is my furthest distance away from the cliché normalities that I spend too much time in trying to capture.

Last edited:
Hi Scott.

The foreground is nicely exposed but the sky is blown giving a washed out look to the back of the photo. It would have benefitted from the use of a graduated ND or you could have underexposed the foreground and brought the shadows out in PP. Hope this helps.

Thanks Merc.

The sky is bright but it is not blown, there was no highlights indicator in camera and I did also use a graduated ND here (Lee 0.9s) so technically the light here is controlled.

I like the washed look in the background, this was due to incoming sea mist diffusing the light. Image was taken about 90 minutes before sunset.

Regards

The image succeeds greatly in leading the eye through the perspective towards the distance. The pale lighting in the distance emphasises the atmosphere.

The colours and shapes are fabulous. I thinking it's a stunning shot and great composition. The more I look at it the more I see in it and the more I like it.

Thanks Robin

What I personally like about the image is the suggestion of layers. I had the foreground rock in focus and shot the image at f/2.8. The next layer of the grassy incline down to the sea, the cliff, the sea, the tiny bit of headland and the sky add layers and depth. Shooting at f/2.8, I wanted to further accentuate depth to the image.

Last edited:
Back