Directors Portraits....

Edit My Images
Yes
I am due to do some portraits of the directors at work to update the system etc.

They are buying my a back drop system of white, black and chroma green.

Has anyone got any tips or 'poses' for anything like this to make it look professional but still related to a business rather than 'just a portrait'

thanks

google?

the knack here is to engage the subject nail the shot and have the next subject coming in for his photo in <90 secs

lighting should be even but a bit punchy background should be simple and not distracting, I like either unlit white or a light grey

Has Evan Kafka ever publicly stated how he gets that style?

looks like hdr on people ...

ADDYONBIT: I would love to get the same effect.. its not unique though.. just a matter of knowing how I suppose:)

Last edited:
To be honest that's all these businesses are after is a professional portrait to put a face to a name.

Usually the best thing to do is a few shots of each person, one at 45degree angle facing the camera and one straight one. From these two positions you can have them do a relaxed friendly smile and one big HEARTY smile :D

I don't think they will be after anything like "http://www.evankafka.com" work, unless otherwise stated by themselves.

Really not impressed by those evankafka photos. I can only assume it's crazy PP and a hasselbad or something silly.

Hi with directors you need to capture that

i do care but not while im having lunch or on the golf course look, which leaves 10 mins in my diary for the week to deal with you minions.

but in a caring way:D

Merc

im quite interested in this as i have been asked to do something similar. I am guessing you are talking head and shoulders shot. I think the key to this type of shot is the lighting. I am looking at various sources to see if i can find an image to aim for.

I don't think they will be after anything like "http://www.evankafka.com" work, unless otherwise stated by themselves.
was more a suggestion for inspiration and poses and lighting than to process them along the same lines as Kafka's processing :)

how about taking the director into an area of the business and having the photo taken there. Could make it really interesting!

Back