Dissapointing Day at Y Bwlch

Name
Steffan
Edit My Images
No
Would have liked to have been up there all day but I was only there from about 1:30pm onwards because I had errands to run all morning but hey-ho that's life. All I saw were T1 Hawks (which wasn't too bad) but in five hours there was only one pass and my shutter speed was too slow for it. So after knocking the shutter speed back up and waiting nothing came and as we started walking back down the hill three Hawks came through in quick succession!! :bonk: Got the camera out of the bag again and stayed another 15 mins and got this shot but I was too low down the mountain and on the wrong side to see 'em coming so there's no landscape here :(

Same thing has happened to me twice already at Cad West too! Be warned: they days I go up the loop are the ones you want to avoid :LOL:

The only other thing we saw all day was a completely grey C-130 with no markings what so ever other than a black nose tip but it was miles away to get a shot of. Anyone have any ideas what that could've been about?

4733604366_ff88f9e80e_o.jpg

In case you hadn't guessed the above is very, very, very heavily cropped!

Cad West had a pair of T2s through at about 1000. There were 6 or 7 people with long lenses on the hill at that time. Sorry that you had a rubbish day. If you had a look at the NOTAMs you would have seen a Royal Flight from Welshpool to Anglesey and back, this might have suppressed some movements in LFA 7.

Cheesy

Cad West had a pair of T2s through at about 1000. There were 6 or 7 people with long lenses on the hill at that time. Sorry that you had a rubbish day. If you had a look at the NOTAMs you would have seen a Royal Flight from Welshpool to Anglesey and back, this might have suppressed some movements in LFA 7.

Cheesy

Aaaah that was probably it then! I'll have to pay more attenstion to the NOTAMs. Thanks, Cheesy :)

i was up there today and caught this.just started in photography but the loop not far from me so had a day up there.

machloop.jpg

Was this at the bwlch at the top of the rhondda valley ?

Any day with aircraft is a good day. ;) At least you didn't completely blank. :D
It can be frustrating though when it does happen. But look at it this way, you'll appreciate them more next time. :LOL:

Kev.

Any day with aircraft is a good day. ;) At least you didn't completely blank. :D
It can be frustrating though when it does happen. But look at it this way, you'll appreciate them more next time. :LOL:

Kev.

Too bloody right :LOL:

Back