distortion from specs

That sounds like a tricky one.

First of all, does it really need fixing? Specs are usually part of people's personality, and their appearance is inextricably linked with wearing them. It might not look as much like them after "fixing".

Other than that, all I can suggest is that for myopes (lenses that make the eyes look smaller) you could magnify that area in PS and paste it over. For hyperopes (where the eyes are magnified by the specs), you need to minify the area but I imagine this will leave a gap around the minified area.

The gentleman in the photo had a skull reconstruction and has a dent that side of his face from titanium plates.

I tried simply usine the clone tool to thin out that side of his cheek at the top, a tiny bit, which made it look in proportion, but emphasised the dent...which he's very self concious about.

distortion.jpg

He's short-sighted, so whatever is behind the glasses will appear at a smaller scale. Try to blow up the region and recrop it to the right measure of the glasses.

edit: oh darn, should read all the way through before posting.

Last edited:
He's short-sighted, so whatever is behind the glasses will appear at a smaller scale. Try to blow up the region and recrop it to the right measure of the glasses.

edit: oh darn, should read all the way through before posting.

He has no sight in that eye - it's just plain glass. Would the same thing work? What I don't want to do is draw attention to the dent.

He has no sight in that eye - it's just plain glass. Would the same thing work? What I don't want to do is draw attention to the dent.
It certainly looks like a glass correcting myopia. Give it a shot. I can't make out a dent at all from the cropped image.

distortion.jpg

Done mostly with cloning

Do it on a copy then it does not matter if it goes wrong

Back