Dixons Warranty for a Nikon D700

my question get glossed over then? :/
Probably more a case of it is not possible to answer.
Fabs deosn't know who the member of staff is as Hoppy was dealing with them - and I'm not sure naming them would be appropriate anyway :shrug:

well you knew that the allegation was uninformed so i presumed you knew who it was

well you knew that the allegation was uninformed so i presumed you knew who it was

Can we draw a line under this please?

I don't recall the guy's name, I guess it's on record somewhere, but I would recognise him if he still works there. He was actually quite helpful and nearly as fed up with the whole affair as I was.

But really, if you think about it, it is completely missing the point.

I knew it was uninformed because someone working in a store is not in a position to make such allegations and I probably know more about the likelyhood of staff stealing such items than he/she would. Quite frankly, a member of store staff telling a customer that staff within their company regularly steal, which is what they seem to imply, is absolutely abhorrent and is more like to be someone with an axe to grind than who actually knows of it happening.

OK, so I finally (on my 3rd attempt) get Dixons to process my order, in spite of it being OK'd by the credit card company. I finally get a delivery notice. I finally get a DHL delivery. I am slightly suspicious of the package. It's wrapped in a DLH postage bag, but it doesn't look large enough to be a D700 packaged securely in a box surrounded by foamy chips. In fact, before I open it I know this is just a D700 in its product box with no additional packaging. Inwardly groaning, I tentatively open the plastic bag to reveal..... :puke:

crushed_d700_box.jpg

Holy crap!!! Why are these online retail companies so darned cheap that they can't put a £1,800 camera inside a proper packing box?

Suffice to say I didn't even bother taking the camera body out of the box. It's going straight back. It could have been thrown across the despatch department as far as I know. How damned frustrating is that? Now I have *another* week with no camera, having sold my D300 last weekend. I'm supposed to be taking it to the States next weekend, and there's no way they're going to replace it inside a 4 day working week. F***!!! :bang:

OK, so I finally (on my 3rd attempt) get Dixons to process my order, in spite of it being OK'd by the credit card company. I finally get a delivery notice. I finally get a DHL delivery. I am slightly suspicious of the package. It's wrapped in a DLH postage bag, but it doesn't look large enough to be a D700 packaged securely in a box surrounded by foamy chips. In fact, before I open it I know this is just a D700 in its product box with no additional packaging. Inwardly groaning, I tentatively open the plastic bag to reveal..... :puke:

crushed_d700_box.jpg

Holy crap!!! Why are these online retail companies so darned cheap that they can't put a £1,800 camera inside a proper packing box?

Suffice to say I didn't even bother taking the camera body out of the box. It's going straight back. It could have been thrown across the despatch department as far as I know. How damned frustrating is that? Now I have *another* week with no camera, having sold my D300 last weekend. I'm supposed to be taking it to the States next weekend, and there's no way they're going to replace it inside a 4 day working week. F***!!! :bang:

Sorry to read that you are receiving this absolutely appalling treatment.

The message seems clear, any company who are incompetent enough to operate procedures that allow a D700 to be shipped in a plastic bag, do not deserve to get business! The pathetic thing is that when they go to the wall,they will blame the economic climate and customer apathy rather than their own gross incompetence and customer indifference.

Back