"DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love.."

BG etc too busy to have any impact IMHO. Nice watch, and around 22.08 is the best time to photograph a watch for very valid reasons...(I heard this on Simon Mayo's Drive-time show of all places :D)

Nice watch, and around 22.08 is the best time to photograph a watch for very valid reasons...(I heard this on Simon Mayo's Drive-time show of all places :D)

I think 1:50 works just as well. I never realised until someone pointed it out to me.

Someone once told me it's becasue the clock looks like it's smiling! It's interesting to note that they even set digital clocks to this time for photos even though it has no visual effect like the hands of the clock do (example; http://www.htc.com/au/smartphones/htc-one-xl/)

BG etc too busy to have any impact IMHO. Nice watch, and around 22.08 is the best time to photograph a watch for very valid reasons...(I heard this on Simon Mayo's Drive-time show of all places :D)

:D

I don't normally bother setting the hands, TBH, but on this occasion I thought I'd concentrate a bit and get the details right. I actually shot this first without a polariser but went back and re-did it as this dial and crystal is very prone to glare and the slightest bit really does kill the image.

I personally quite like the background as the colours work with the 18k gold but then I've photographed this watch a few times and often used very plain backgrounds so time for something a bit different. I normally shoot further in to the subject, too so am experimenting with a bit more distance. Does work better in A4 than 1000 pixels, though.

Back