Do Amazon sell Grey Market?

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
No
I've recently bought a Canon R7.
I decided to get athe Canon EF to RF converter.
The UK prices is round about £115 (+- a bit) , but I saw it hidden away on Amazon for £85 "Sold by Amazon EU"
Delivery dates were rather drawn out and nothing happened for a week.
Tracking information started to appear yesterday with it going through customs clearance into Germany.
So this was coming into the EU. ( see red arrow )
Is this Grey? Just curious, and not bothered. Just glad I've got a bargain

Amazon 4.jpg

Last edited:
I think that's just the two ends of an EU to UK customs clearance.

For most EU-UK shipments the carriers are dealing with the clearance processes electronically before the goods actually move onto the vehicle crossing the border.

This means that, barring a random physical inspection, a single consignment cannot hold up the whole truckload of goods.

I'm not sure but Sony have removed them their approved shops list for warranty, cashback etc.
Not sure about other manufacturers and their policy regarding Amazon.

Its coming in from Germany, so its European import rather than a UK import. You may find yourself receiving a duty/vat/customs clearance bill to pay.

It would be best to assume that it is a 'grey' product once it arrives in the UK.

Amazon charge fully inclusive prices with these sorts of Amazon EU and Amazon Global purchases. The price charged will include duty and VAT.

An update:
It arrived. It works. It has a European Warranty.

The £85 purchase price included VAT. No duty payable as less than £135
See https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Well pleased with price. Cheaper than most Amazon sites
But amazon.de has on offer for €95.
Didn't bother finding out what the delivered cost would be, but probably cheaper than amazon.co.uk

For information
One of the mails from Amazon had the footnote
This order contains one or more items sold by Amazon Export Sales, LLC (“Amazon US”) and shipped from the US.
This is why it went through Customs in both Germany and the UK.

Back