Do any of you guys go on specific birding holidays abroad

Edit My Images
No
just a general question

They can be expensive

Northern Spain is cheaper ….. but Africa and S America are v good

I been to S Africa and around France ……. but now I'm an OAP plus a bit, I'm looking at S America, Ethiopia and Uganda or maybe Mozambique, (my god daughter works there), for later this year, (African winter), and 2015

Last edited:
You could add the Gambia to that list, but I would advise going upriver rather than staying near the coast. You get pestered every time you step outside the hotel but up river the people were just friendly and genuinely interested in you and was a fantastic place to go birding.

You could add the Gambia to that list, but I would advise going upriver rather than staying near the coast. You get pestered every time you step outside the hotel but up river the people were just friendly and genuinely interested in you and was a fantastic place to go birding.

The nearest I've been is Nigeria and I'm not sure I want to go back - Ecuador sounds good but January is the best month and I'm in S Africa then

I want to go and see Bloodhound in August on the S African/Namibia border - Namibia is fantastic for wildlife - a good trip after the land speed record attempt would be four guys in a 4 x 4 with a guide for a week in Nambia

I met this guy in January
http://www.woodenframes.co.za/photo-gallery.html

have a look at his gallery - he takes fantastic images and regularly drives into Nambia - keith is not a young guy

Last edited:
Back